What's new

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Cats Don’t Dance is an animated musical that can’t hold a candle to Disney’s efforts of the era.

Cats Don't Dance (1997)

Released: 26 Mar 1997
Rated: G
Runtime: 75 min

Director: Mark Dindal
Genre: Animation, Comedy, Family

Cast: Scott Bakula, Jasmine Guy, Natalie Cole
Writer(s): Rick Calabash, Robert Lence, Mark Dindal

Plot: Danny, an ambitious singing and dancing cat, goes to Hollywood and overcomes several obstacles to fulfill his dream of becoming a movie star.

IMDB rating: 6.9
MetaScore: 62

Disc Information

Studio: Warner Brothers
Distributed By: Warner Archive
Video Resolution: 1080P/AVC

Aspect Ratio: 1.85:1
Audio: English 5.1 DTS-HDMA...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
I saw this in the theater with my youngest back in the day right at the end of its run in the smallest outer theater in a large multiplex while Mom/Oldest had some group event they had to participate. The only movie where I/We ever done as the only viewers in the entire theater (no more than 35-40 seats anyway) I remember it being pretty fun though nothing spectacular, but the personal screening was memorable

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Director Mark Dindal moved to Disney to direct two features for them, The Emperor’s New Groove and Chicken Little, but now works mostly in Visual Effects on animated features, uncredited, on films like Sausage Party and The Addams Family and its sequel.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
Cats Don't Dance is very much of a piece with Dindal's The Emperor's New Groove, and shares a similar sly sense of humour underlying some of the more broad elements. WB made a fair bit in the promotional materials [such as they are] of Gene Kelly's role as a consultant on the dance sequences, and they are quite good. The Randy Newman score is one where you can practically hear Newman singing the demos, but that's not a bad thing. It's not a lost masterpiece, but I love it for what it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks