What's new

Panzer Dragoon Orta (1 Viewer)

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
So what's next after I beat it?
Beat it on easy and then beat it on hard. You unlock more stuff by beating it on different difficulties. Also, play through and beat the original Panzer Dragoon (again you unlock more stuff). Play through the sub-scenarios as well.

John Royster

Screenwriter
Thanks Romier.

Easy should be fun...go through and check out all the eye candy instead of worrying about getting my butt handed to me.

Dan B

Screenwriter
Regarding the original Panzer, I noticed that there is no way to save your progress that I can see. Is that right? I hope that isn't going to be a problem...

Dan B

Screenwriter
OK, that's good to hear. It'll be something to look forward to. I just played the first level...great intro cinemas & the music is excellent of course. I guess I can deal with the pop-up. :)

JamesH

Supporting Actor
I am little afraid to ask (ok VERY afraid)...but anyone know how this game is doing sales wise?
I think I remember seeing around 30-50K for Japan, which is actually pretty good for an Xbox game over there.
It actually seems to be VERY popular here in the US though, just judging by the amount of message board posts and reader reviews at various sites. It has a TON of reader reviews at Gamefaqs for a game that just came out, so with any luck, lots of people bought it.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/xbox/review/31794.html
I've also never seen such an overwhelmingly positive response to a game. Even Metroid Prime has more low scores sprinkled in.

Dan B

Screenwriter
DOA Volleyball will outsell it 10 to 1. :frowning:
I do hope it sells at least like 150,000 copies or so...
-Dan
now depressed

EdR

Second Unit
I finally had time to pick this up again last night. Wow, does anyone else feel that the game takes a major turn at level 6? Both story-wise and stylistically.

It seemed almost like a different game...which is great. I love the variety, although I was surprised at how easy 6 was.

John Royster

Screenwriter
Man is the level 10 boss giving me fits.

I easily beat the first mini-boss with the ice-like encasing. But then the silver dragonmare does some kind of lock on that makes a screaching sound, takes about 1/4 of my energy with each hit. can't dodge or avoid it.

Dan B

Screenwriter
There's a flash game up at the Panzer site here:
http://immersion.sega.com
It's pretty cool; it has all of the appropriate sound effects & music...something for all of you to play while you're at work. :D
It does seem to be choppy on my PC. :confused: Can't play flash game - time to upgrade computer!!!

Damien

Supporting Actor
i need help on the level 4 boss on normal
the first part is easy as pie, but the second phase of the fight is a real pain. can anyone pass along how they beat the aircraft??

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Came across some NPD projections recently. This is of course nothing more than a projection right now (though I'll update with official news when I get it). Panzer is projected to have sold 40k units in January (US).
EDIT: As an aside The Getaway is projected to have sold 210k already!!:eek:

Mark Dubbelboer

Screenwriter
blasted.
Alright, I bought the game. Never played any of the others. What difficulty should I start on?
I mean wouldn't it be more boring to play through it on easy after completing normal? wouldn't it make more sense for me to start on easy? or would it be too easy?

JasonK

Supporting Actor
Here's the scenario: I sat down with the game this weekend to finally finish it. Level 8 took a while because the boss was having its way with me for a while.

Level 9 was fairly easy - beat it my 2nd try.

Level 10....is kicking my ass. According to the Flight Log I've attempted it 22 times.

I feel like such a wimp. I can't make it past the dragon's 3rd form/lifeline. Up 'til that point I can handle the beast just fine - without even getting hit more than twice. But for his last lifeline I can't seem to lock-on to all the missiles it shoots. So I last about 2 minutes and that's that.

But I will finish the game. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but someday. I hope.

Just tell me I wasn't the only one who had trouble with level 10.

GaryAR

Agent
am i just a retard, or is there no way for two different people to save their own games??? it's immensely frustrating that my brother & i can't go through it separately at our own pace. and so far, that's the biggest flaw i've found with this game... it's not like the stuff i typically play, but i really really like it.

-gary

Thom B

Stunt Coordinator
Sorry Gary, you're stuck with one save only.

For the ep. 10 folks-
The trick is to lock onto the dragon's "nose" just as he's prepairing to fire.(flying the base form of course) This will generally catch all of those f#*@n lasers. Timing can be a bit of a trick, but there are a couple of sound cues that'll let you know when to let loose. Don't try to lock onto them after they've been fired unless you have to, the timing for that is pretty nasty.

Hope this helps.

T

Dan B

Screenwriter
Here is the NPD number for PDO that Romier mentioned:

The #5 selling Xbox game & #17 selling game across all systems for January.

For reference, the best selling game for Xbox in January was DOA EBV at 81,180 & Panzer outsold all Gamecube games in January (the biggest seller for Gamecube was Lord of the Rings: TT at 43,909). The PS2 had 8 games selling over 100,000 & 3 PS2 games sold over 200,000 in January.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marv74BR
Recent bookmarks