What's new

Panzer Dragoon Orta (1 Viewer)

John Royster

Screenwriter
Picked it up on Friday 1/17.

Played for an hour or two. Great game so far.

Is it me or is the game just freakin hard? I don't want to start on easy mode so I just started in normal after going throught the tutorials. It took me something like 5 or 6 tries to defeat the first boss. I've reached the second boss and have been dispatched quickly.

Better than too easy that's for sure!

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Jon W H

Stunt Coordinator
They are speaking what the Panzer fans and the devs have dubbed "Panzer-ese". If I remember correctly its a combination of Latin, German and Japanese.
Romier, thank you for answering that question. I mistakenly thought someone would know what was being said. I didn't realize it could be a fabricated language. I kept thinking it was Latin. Didn't hear any German or discernable Japanese in it. Whatever... the narrator gives me chills :)
John, it is hard!! Apparently I'm not using the Glide Wing properly (will have to go back and read the manual how to pick up health) and I'm on normal. I get beat up by those big scaly worms in episode 2. (Bah, I feel puny compared to everyone else who's already surpassed this thing. I really need to read the darn manual!)
The more I play this game, the more I smell a classic. I can't put my finger on it, exactly, but this game feels like it does belong with all the old school greats that we fondly remember and play for years.
I'm having a hard time letting myself taking the PDO disc out to play XBox Live. It's tough to say "no". :)

Jon W H

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks, Ed!

I was:

using the Heavy Wing at time to deal more damage before the green bubbles came, then switch to the Glide Wing to combat those. I had the accleration (and decleration in one spot, where they cross from your sides) down pat for the most part. I didn't think to use the health bezerk attack by the Glide Wing in the beginning or end.

EdR

Second Unit
Hey Jon,

I evetually gave up on the Heavy Wing for that battle, I was getting my ass handed to me by the green acid stuff.

I think I was a bit unprepared for just how hard this game is. For whatever reason, I thought it might be like Rez which is really quite easy (to survive, at least).

Uh, no...this game demands a lot, it makes you use all the defensive and offensive schemes you have available. Which is the mark of a good shooter, IMO.

John Royster

Screenwriter
Yep,

getting it handed to me in episode two. Just now starting to sense the pattern of those things and figure out what to do.

Knowing what form to use when really makes or breaks sections of the game.

Edan W

Stunt Coordinator
Picked this game up on 1/17 as well...this is just great stuff I have to admit. I've played a decent amount so far (normal) and made my way to Episode 6. It just oozes quality from every pore (especially that cutscene right before episode 5) and I can't wait to finish it so I can go back and play the earlier episodes again.

I haven't played any of the three previous games in the series but if they were this good, I can understand why people have such great things to say about them.

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
We got our copy in for the work library. I'll re-iterate what I said earlier: to be this good, takes Sega.

Andrew s wells

Second Unit
Well.... i've finished the game on normal, then easy, and i must say its not good.
Its wonderful and everything i was expecting. Had you there for a second eh? :)
I truly hope with every fiber of my being that we get that sequel to panzer saga. I must admit, i did sell it a while back but that doesnt mean i love it any less. Im sure that person enjoys it to this day. :D
i have been recommending this game to everyone i know who has an xbox, so hopefully after all the great reviews in magazines and mostly positive remarks on message boards, perhaps it will perform well. I sure hope so.

Dave Cukina

Stunt Coordinator
I just picked this up tonight and absolutely love it!! One question though, I have a 50" widescreen and the game doesn't fill the entire screen. There is about a 1" black bar on the right side. This is the only game this happens with so I was wondering if its normal or not. Before anyone asks I checked all of my settings and they are all correct.

Any ideas???

Thanks

EdR

Second Unit
I have the opposite problem to Dave C above...PDO plays at 4:3 on my projector, which is fine since it's a 4:3 projector...but I'd like to check out the game in 16x9, but I can't find a setting for that. in 'Options->Video Settings' I only see stuff for brightness, contrast...but nothing about 16x9.

I just realized that it could be a dashboard setting in the Xbox. Is it? If so, how does setting it to 16x9 affect games that aren't...I don't want to squash games that don't support it.

Romar Armas

Second Unit
I just realized that it could be a dashboard setting in the Xbox. Is it? If so, how does setting it to 16x9 affect games that aren't...I don't want to squash games that don't support it.
The settings on your Dashboard only tells the Xbox what the capabilites of your system are. If the game supports it then it will use those settings. If the game doesn't then the Xbox will use the game settings.
If your projector supports 16x9 then you should leave it that way. :)

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I played a demo of this in a store today and enjoyed it. The action was solid and continuous, but I had accidentally put the control mode in regular, not inverse, so it was a little hard to play through. It's not the kind of thing I expected it to be, but it was still really good.

I'd buy it if I had an X-Box.

Edan W

Stunt Coordinator
Dan,

Episode 8 boss >>>> EdanW

Any one got any tips for how to beat this #$%^ thing? Specifically when it starts performing electro-shock therapy on my dragon

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
QuirkyProtection
Recent bookmarks