What's new

Panasonic DVD-A players Different models?? (1 Viewer)

Art Miller

Stunt Coordinator
Ok, Everyone is familiar with the RP-91, and we know that except for a few examples in Canada, the RP-61 never made it to market. The RN-61 is the non-progressive version of the 65 and has recently been introduced. I just read in 2 different English rags about a RV-71.

What is this? Is it a European version of the 61? Any idea how the audio quality of the 61 or the 71 compare to the 91? From what few specs i can find on the 61, it seems pretty similiar to the 91. Anyone have anything to add? Giving up a progressive output for a cheaper unit ($225 vs $425) sure seems attractive, provided that there isn't too much difference in the audio sections. Anyone have any more details???

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
Yesterday, I went into my local Video Only store near work and came upon the Panasonic RP60. It's non-progressive scan DVD-Audio/Vidio player. The saleman said it just got in. On the outside, it has a headphone jack with volume control and a numeric pad for direct access. It was selling for US$229.95 and the saleman said he will knock down another $15.00 for me if I purchase right there and then. Oh, the player was made in Japan, if that matters. I got a Toshiba 4700 last week, but I am going to exchange it for this Panasonic since I can't afford to have a HDTV-capable TV for progressive scan.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annefnlys01
Recent bookmarks