What's new

Panasonic AE900 pricing (1 Viewer)

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
So...I'm being sucked in by the $400 rebate and $300 Blockbuster card deal on the AE900, however I hadn't planned on an upgrade at this time. So I'm wondering if the pricing in a year's time will be comparable without having to go the rebate route. What were the lowest prices on the AE700 before the AE900 came out?

Shane Harg

Second Unit
It's a viscious cycle. When the AE900 price goes down to where you want, and the next model is out, you will be lusting after its new features and capabilities and will want to wait on the price of the newest model to come down the year after that. Hence, you will theoretically be waiting forever.:D ;)

So, you must either buy the 900 now and be happy, or be doomed to a state of never ending upgrade lust.:)

More bad news...I think the rebate and Blockbuster card deal is over, if I heard right. :frowning:

Michael D. Bunting

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
I'm pretty much in the same boat....

Want the panny something fierce....but part of me says wait for the 1080p projectors to start dropping in price.

I don't know what I'll do...

I do have my current display (LG 42" EDTV plasma) up for sale...so if it sells, I'll probably jump on the panny if it is still at a good price point.

If it doesn't sell...it will just have to hold me over until I can spring for a 1080p projector.

Maybe.

KeithMoechnig

Stunt Coordinator
what's the price you want? I got one for 1400 including the 400 dollar rebate. And also, the blockbuster thing goes until may 31st, but does it have an expiration date?
Also, if I placed the order in April and it's backordered to the point where it's june, can I still use the rebate?

Michael D. Bunting

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
I finally gave in and ordered one today from costco.com for $1999

The rebate ($400) and Blockbuster card ($300) is still in effect.

Found it cheaper elsewhere on the net but with Costco's generous return policy (100% satisfaction) I decided to pay a little more right now just in case my first foray into the projector world ends up being less than what I am expecting.

I have pretty big aspirations for my home theater right now (after ordering the Panny) - but it will be nice to have the option to return it for a full refund should I decide projectors are not for me.

This will be my first projector and I'm hoping that I'll be hooked immediately!

Antonio S

Stunt Coordinator
There are probably a few of us in the same boat, Michael.
Please give us the benefit of your thoughts, after the initial "wow" factor.;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks