What's new

Greetings from Japan (1 Viewer)

Real Name
Shane Harger
Greetings all.

My name is Shane and I am an American expat in Japan.

I was actually an active member of this forum back in the early-mid 2000s when big box TVs where still a part of home theater. Been an enthusiast pretty much ever since DVDs entered the market. Moved to Japan in 2005 and installed a 7.1 HT with 720p projector and 80" screen in 2006. Still have pretty much the same setup except for an updated networked Denon amp with bluetooth and the latest surround sound modes (Atmos and X). Had the projector serviced and the bulb replaced once. But it still looks amazing, all things considered. It's a Panasonic TH-AE900 which was considered the best at its price point at that time. To me, it still looks as good as anything I see in the a regular cinema. Plan to continue updating slowly as budget allows. No big hurry. Also waiting for more UHD content to be released and for 4K projector technology to advance as prices come down.

Anyway, had to create a new account because I guess my old one got deleted from inactivity and site updates. Just wanted to pop in, tell where I'm at and say "HI".

Real Name
Shane Harger

f1cb1df09c0e167a99a85189f18b7c7e--toy-story--funny-moments.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annefnlys01
Recent bookmarks