What's new

Outlaw Volleyball - a new low (7 screenshots) (1 Viewer)

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
Wait a minute...wait a minute.. You think that the comments in my first post were aimed at the posters who don't have a problem with the game? It wasn't, it was aimed at the game & gamemakers themselves, not the posters. I can see how it could be interpreted that way since I didn't clearly announce who I was referring to, sorry. I was not trying to tell you how to think, I was stating (and BTW I thought I made myself clear on what I was saying in my subsequent posts so the continuing confusion is odd) how I feel about this sort of accepted ignorance when it is aimed and marketed at adolescents.

My amusement at the hypocrisy of being OK with stereotypical sexually objectified women but being offended at the "Computer Geeks" reference stands however.

I'd like to decide what I would enjoy playing for myself as opposed to censorship or supposedly "moral" people telling me whats right or wrong for my home, my DVD player or my console systems
Well yet again I never ONCE said that you have to do what I say or forced my opinion on you (if you don't like it you don't have to read it...right?) but I, again, reserve the right to criticize the minds behind this. Is that ok with you?

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Well yet again I never ONCE said that you have to do what I say or forced my opinion on you (if you don't like it you don't have to read it...right?) but I, again, reserve the right to criticize the minds behind this. Is that ok with you?
Never had an issue with stating opinions or criticism from the start. I summarily stated my issue was with your first post and we seemed to have cleared that up. I of course do reserve the right to disagree with your criticism and give a rebuttal of my own if need be.;)

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
Do you really think that my use of those particular words in the context of the game shots shown are really all that exaggerated?
Yes, I think it is quite an exaggeration. If you actually believe that it is representative of "the most ignorant and base that we can be", you must have a pretty nice world.

-Dave

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
And I stand by my assertions, however their are several inconsistencies in your post, such as you stating that by post #60 you fully understood that I was not actually ridiculing and forcing my views upon fellow posters...yet you still insisted on adding the same criticism/defense...
I'd like to decide what I would enjoy playing for myself as opposed to censorship or supposedly "moral" people telling me what's right or wrong for my home, my DVD player or my console systems
...that I have corrected you upon several times...who exactly is telling you what to think or do? It certainly isn't me and you even claim to have known that by that very same post.

Also you seem to think that the sexualised stereotypes in the game are legitimate and not wholly offensive because real strippers exist in an atmosphere of objectification?
....and sexually frustrated Computer Geeks don't exist?
Or is it that you feel it's fine to forward offensive stereotypes as long as they don't offend you personally?

This is all moot, we will never agree with each other on this.
The thread is your's, I have offered up my opinions on the topic and since I am very sure you need it, I will give you the last word.

Derrik Draven

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
Summer is a stripper
Ummm...for what it's worth, the strip club near here, called "Concepts", has a cute little stripper named, Summer. Funny thing is, it's her real name. She used to dance under a fake name; "Lisa". :laugh:

I met her at a..."party". ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks