Outlaw 1050-No Longer A Good Bargain?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Bruce Cadotte, Mar 29, 2002.

1. Bruce Cadotte

Bruce Cadotte Stunt Coordinator

I think with Outlaw working so long on the 950 they have
    not worked on what will always out sell a pre-pro and is
    a new receiver,the 1050 is now very outdated and now overpriced check out the Integra DTR-6.3 at
    http://www.integrahometheater.com/dtr6353.pdf
    the integra rep was at the home theater store i go to
    t-day and said the DTR-6.3 would list for $530.00 and sell around $450.00-$499.00.

2. Sean D

Sean D Stunt Coordinator

I wouldn't exactly call it "very outdated" .

3. JimN

JimN Stunt Coordinator

I disgree totally. If you are after the latest and greatest decoding, then it may not be for you. If you are interested in a receiver that sounds way better than it should (noise floor and neutrality) then it is still an impressive piece of equipment for the price. As always (and like everyone else whether they admit it or not) IMO.

4. Chris Demaree

Chris Demaree Stunt Coordinator

My 1050 decodes everything I care about and makes one hell of a nice pre/pro (considering the price). Now to see how it sounds powering the rear surrounds while I bi-amp the fronts....

5. KonradN

KonradN Stunt Coordinator

i have no doubt that the outlaw 1050 is a very nice sounding receiver, but even if we just look at sound quality alone how does it compare to the h/k 320, marantz 5200 or the older marantz 5000, and the current and upcoming integras in 500 dollar price range?

6. Richard Favreau

I think it depends partly on our own personalities. I owned my previous receiver for eight years. I followed the development of the 1050 and purchased it in May 2000 and have enjoyed it ever since. As a father of three with limited $$$$$ to spend on this hobby I buy with the intent of enjoying my purchase for a long time. DD + DTS + fine music reproduction provide me with hours of entertainment. Maybe outdated, but still totally satisfying.[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Rick Favreau
    Outlaw 1050
    2 x S38 / center / 3 x S26 / PB 12
    S360 Sony DVD (still works)
    KP43T70 RPTV
    Custom 316 Audio rack
    Custom main speaker wall mount system

7. Bruce Cadotte

Bruce Cadotte Stunt Coordinator

this does not have anything to do with what we have now(1050) and how we like it,what i am saying is about how outlaw is still selling it without updating it vs what is now coming out now like the Integra 6.3 which if you look at the specs seems to be better then the 1050.

8. JimN

JimN Stunt Coordinator