What's new

outdoor tv set with stereo system (1 Viewer)

twmackey

Auditioning
Real Name
Thomas Mackey
Just getting some ideas for setting up a outdoor tv and stereo system.

This is what I have done in the past and doing to update.

I bought a cheap surround sound and put the speakers on the deck then I ran 4 sets of rock speakers out to the garden. I have routed a cable tv out doors. So far this has worked great for the last 4 years..

Now I have a 32 inch LCD TV, I'm building a TV cabinet big enough for a 37 inch TV in the future and an area that will hold all of the streo equipment, this will hang on the wall. I bought a anti glare screen and a TV cover to put over the TV while not in use.

My receiver now is a Yamaha 6230 and a Teak 5 disc changer. I could not turn down down the volume on the deck and have the volume turned up in the garden so I bought a Theater-Solutions Speaker selecter with volume control. to control the volume on my deck. The TV and Stereo will set under the eves of my roof, also I just built a gable roof over the deck to give it more protection.

CB750

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bill
Welcome Thomas,

Good luck with your system you seem to have a plan and know what you want and I don't see that you have any questions.

As I sit here in Michigan it's 19 degrees outside. We have snow of the ground icicles on our roof and like many Americans we will be hunkered down for the next few days in anticipation of another major winter storm. While I love the change of seasons having a HT on my deck at this time of year is not something that I would do.

Have you made provisions easily move your equipment indoors during inclement weather, and what you do to secure your equipment from theft?

twmackey

Auditioning
Real Name
Thomas Mackey
It will be made with slide out trays for easy access. Also won't go outside until May and will be brought back inside in October. It will have 2 key locks instead of a padlock. Padlocks are too easy to cut off.

We had 19 degrees also and will get up about 22 degrees today. We just a temps in the 40's last couple of weeks and now it is getting cold again.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gigaspin88
Recent bookmarks