What's new

Oprah Upset By Hermes Snub And Weak Apology (1 Viewer)

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
I think Donald Trump would've had one of his assistants inform the manager or owner that he planned on dropping by. If the assistant botched it, I think they'd have been fired. Don't know if Oprah did that but it seems like a good idea.

Brian Perry

Senior HTF Member

Because if the incident was "one of the most humiliating" of her life, and she truly feels it was racially motivated, then she has an obligation to speak now. If this is a real story with substance, it deserves to be discussed and not left to ferment until she can exploit it for her show.

She is making some serious claims here. She is essentially saying that a black person has the right to assume/claim that an action is racist even if other perfectly logical non-racial explanations are provided. Maybe Oprah's feelings are typical of most black people, I don't know. I actually think the discussion could make a good TV show, if she conducted a balanced debate.

Jason Hughes

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason Hughes

Maybe. I've been waiting for a price drop on the SE (to complete my Speilberg collection, ofcourse);)

Robert_Gaither

Screenwriter
I think what some are forgetting when a store like Hermes excludes a celebrity is that it's an exclusive store and excluding a celebrity will do nothing but make the store more exclusive. I assume a store of this nature has people regularly drop in and do multi-thousand dollar sales so if Oprah is 15 minutes late and even intend to drop 20-30 grand to the people of the store it might be no different than any of their other power buyers who lack celebrity status. One thing about letting her in is knowing if she'll stay a few minutes and then leave another is that she may of stopped for a few hours which some of the sales staff most likely would not be impressed (they most likely deal with celebrities all day, and like most people may have kids with a sitter, and want to get back with their family) especially from an American celebrity who does a talk show not shown on any of their networks or translated for their amusement. To them she may have been no different than any other rude American tourist with a few bucks to spend but to us she is a known celebrity with more money than she can physically carry.

Jason Hughes

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason Hughes
Just curious. Did Oprah ever have her episode about her "crash" moment? She said she was going to have one...that is an episode about her "crash" moment. I want to know how she "crashed." Did she "crash"? Did she realize after chilling out on her summer vacation that there was no "crash" moment, that infact SHE had misunderstood the situation; that she did not "crash"? Perhaps she realized it was old news and nobody wanted to hear about her "crash" moment and that the potential ratings spike was no longer there? Perhaps she had already gotten what she wanted? Maybe she is too busy picking out baby gifts for TomKats hellspawn.

Or, did I miss it, and did she in fact have an episode on her "crash" moment? Perhaps she did and no one noticed. After all, if she were to sully Hermes' reputation on this side of the Atlantic, surely they would go out of business...which is what they deserve, isn't it?

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay

Huh? anybody else find it odd that Oprah says she wasn't playing "the celebrity card" and then goes on to "urge viewers to again buy Hermes products"...

Isn't that what the celebrity card is? That us lemmin...I mean consumers should buy or not buy Hermes products because Oprah tells us to?

Jay

MickeS

Senior HTF Member

No. The quotes are about two different situations, one about what happened at the store, and the other one about showing that she has no ill will against the company.

She didn't make a huge deal out of it, as some here assumed she would, but she brought it up as part of the show because I'm sure a lot of her viewers expected it (I don't think it attracted more viewers to her season premiere than would have watched it anyway).

I really like Oprah, she does a great job, does a lot of good for various causes, seems very down to earth (how many talk show hosts do you know that regularly show themselves behind the scenes without showtime make-up... and she's not pretty without make-up :)) and is enormously successful. I don't get the venom directed at her.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks