What's new

Onkyo TX-NR626 x Yamaha RX-V575 (1 Viewer)

vcmazzei

Grip
Real Name
Vinicius Mazzei
I was about to go for RX-V575, but a friend of mine put me in doubt when presented the Onkyo TX-NR626.

They are listed at the same price and have pretty much the same features. Main differences I could check:

1 - The only thing I could find positive about Onkyo is the built-in wireless/bluetooth (Yamaha is separate add-on).
2 - Yamaha is a bit more powered - 110w x 95w Onkyo's - but not sure if it makes that difference...
3 - I see that Yamaha has the YPAO to auto-calibrate speakers. I could find nothing about Onkyo. This is a very important feature as I am noob to HT...
4 - I could read on Yamaha's manual that you can switch speakers to 6-ohms minimum. On Onkyo nothing is said... This is important for me as well as my fronts and surrounds are 6-ohms rated.

Anyone has more clarity if TX-NR626 has similar features for 3 and 4? Furthermore, any other comment on Onkyo x Yamaha are welcome!

Thanks!

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
The more "accurate" stat is power consumption off the wall. Yamaha's 110 is based on 2 channels running(I think*) just like Onkyo's. Neither AVR is going to cough up much more than 60x5...when all 5 channels are "live". Even in stereo...you aren't going to notice 95 vs 110.Onkyo uses Audyssey(get to YPAO vs Audyssey later).Onkyo is 6ohm rated without having to do anything.YPAO is used by Yamaha only, it is theirs. Audyssey is used by Denon/Marantz, Onkyo/Integra and NAD.YPAO is parametric and is DESIGNED to have 5(7/9/11) matching speakers. Audyssey gives you multiple crossover points, which YPAO does not.So...if your speakers "match" I would buy the Yamaha. If you have front tower speakers and bookshelf rears...I'd get the Onkyo.

*several AVR makers have gone to measuring 1 channel at 1kz at 1% distortion...That is misleading at best, flat out lying at worst. Cause they base the 110x5 on one channel at a time...

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Just checked. The 575 is 115 based on 1 channel. The 2 channel spec(which is also meaningless anyway) is 80. Less than the Onkyo, You still won't notice an absolute difference.

vcmazzei

Grip
Real Name
Vinicius Mazzei
what do you mean by "5(7/9/11) matching speakers"?

I am planning to buy full Yamaha speakers kit: Center NS-C210 + Front bookshelfs NS-B210 + In-ceiling surrounds NS-IW280 and another in-ceiling set for a separate room as Speaker-B.

Does not matter which receiver brand, I will buy those speakers.

vcmazzei

Grip
Real Name
Vinicius Mazzei
To follow up on this, I bought the onkyo one and am satisfied although had a problem with the protection board burnt that had to be fixed.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks