What's new

Timothy E

Reviewer
Real Name
Timothy Ewanyshyn
M. Night Shyamalan(The Sixth Sense) adapts the graphic novel Sandcastle in his most recent film that takes place at an idyllic tropical resort with sinister undertones.

Old (2021)

Released: 23 Jul 2021
Rated: PG-13
Runtime: 108 min

Director: M. Night Shyamalan
Genre: Drama, Horror, Mystery

Cast: Gael García Bernal, Vicky Krieps, Rufus Sewell
Writer(s): M. Night Shyamalan, Pierre-Oscar Lévy, Frederik Peeters

Plot: A vacationing family discovers that the secluded beach where they're relaxing for a few hours is somehow causing them to age rapidly, reducing their entire lives into a single day.

IMDB rating: 5.8
MetaScore: 55

Disc Information

Studio: Universal
Distributed By: N/A
Video Resolution:...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I loved the “why” of it - often I feel let down by the endings and explanations of this type of film but I was totally onboard here. The movie plays like an extended Twilight Zone and even if it’s not the director’s masterpiece, it’s a fun two hours.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Does Shyamalan continue his insistence on appearing in his films in significant roles? Seems like this one would be thought to do with such a limited local.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Does Shyamalan continue his insistence on appearing in his films in significant roles? Seems like this one would be thought to do with such a limited local.
He's listed in the cast credits at IMDb, but based on the role it sounds like it's probably only a short cameo appearance.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg

He’s in the film briefly - I don’t think this will spoil anything but I’ll put it in tags just in case:

He is the resort’s shuttle driver who drops off the hotel guests at the beach.

roxy1927

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
vincent parisi
Why would such a picture accompany this review? As if the movie were filmed through linoleum.

Timothy E

Reviewer
Real Name
Timothy Ewanyshyn
Whoever took the image must've had their camera age very quickly...
Mike, if we awarded no-prizes at the HTF for explanations to justify the fact that there is not an abundance of high resolution images available online for promotion of this film, your answer would win the prize. Congratulations! Please enjoy your no-prize with all of the honors and benefits conferred with it!

I might create a screen grab that has higher resolution to add to the banner. Or I might not, since replacing the image would diminish your explanation that the camera is aging as quickly as the people being photographed.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks