What's new

Oh man! I'm sick!:-( (1 Viewer)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Is their any worse feeling in the world than when you wake up with a sore throat that would kill an elephant!? That's me this morning, and I feel like complete shit right now, I got somethin really bad, and now I can look forward to at least 6 or 7 more days and nights of misery.
frown.gif

I have to watch when I get sick because I have astma, and sometimes I have to go to the emergency room for antibiotics because I get chest infections easily this time of year due to the common cold. Always when the weather changes to, it's like my body has to go through a period of being sick in order to adjust to the new weather conditions for the coming season.
Anybody know any home remedies that will speed recovery of a sore throat? I'll try anything!
------------------
God bless the USA and the men and woman of our military and their families!

You think that's bad, I had Labrinthytis (inner ear infection) last week and that would be the single most disorienting, concerning and utterly horrible condition I've ever had. Had to take an entire week off work and I missed a Corrs concert I'd been waiting 8 months to see.
furious.gif

P.S. My sympathies are with you however. :)

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
Hey, I spent my last birthday in the emergency room with an infection on my face that had gotten out-of-control. Watching e.r. from the emergency room...it was just too surreal.
Sore throats...I usually drink lots of hot tea. Hot Dr. Pepper with lemon sometimes helps. Then there's always cough drops and antibiotics.
Also, if your symptoms persist during changes of weather, have you considered being checked for allergies, taking allergy shots, and perhaps keeping some Allegra on hand?
Best wishes, John. Take care.
- Steve

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
I second the hot tea thing, my sisters always take hot tea when they get sore throats. Anything hot is generally good, and lemon tends to make it feel right too....
Jay

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
After getting the chills and sweats from some infection in my sinuses, and running a slight fever, I knew it was time to head to the ER clinic to get some antibiotics. Another sign is when you hock up phlegm that's got that yucky green/yellow/lime color, that's where I was at the time. So after 5 days of antibiotics and decongestants, and tons of waters, I'm almost back to normal.
------------------
PatCave; HT Pix; Gear; DIY Mains; DIY CC; Sunosub I + II + III; DVDs; Link Removed

Ryan Wright

Screenwriter
Anybody know any home remedies that will speed recovery of a sore throat? I'll try anything!
Don't know, but when I'm sick for any reason, I dose up on Nyquil and sleep. A couple of those knock me right out. I don't feel the pain and I get better in a hurry.
------------------
-Ryan (http://www.ryanwright.com )
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

Steve Schick

Stunt Coordinator
BAH!! none of your problems are worse than my wife's.
She has cramps, nausea, upset stomach, back aches, pinched nerves, and is tired all the time.
But she'll be O.K., in about 9 months!
------------------
You liked the movie? ......Try it on a nine foot screen.
My DVD Profiler Collection

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
drink lots of fluids. especially water and juice. also, try taking some echinicea (sp?) which is an herbal extract. i usually take the liquid version that comes in a dropper bottle thing.
try to stay away from "thick" foods...ice cream, milk, sauces, etc. that stuff just clogs up your already f'd up throat.
lots of sleep also helps! sometimes i take thera-flu, but that stuff seems hit-and-miss with me.
------------------
"The ship of death has a new captain." - nosferatu (1922)

Scott Strang

Screenwriter
I'm glad to see Nyquil works for some people, but it doesn't for me. I have no idea why but it never even makes me sleep which is why I wanted it in the first place.
One thing that really annoys the hell out of me is when my eustacian(sp)tubes get clogged up causing my ear drums to not resonate correctly. Not being able to listen to music (or hear anything else for that matter) is so extremely annoying.
Back in March it was so bad that I wanted to climb a water tower and, well you know (not jump off); it was driving me insane. There is nothing that bothers me more than not being able to hear correctly.
I'm really protective of my hearing due having a lot of infections when I was little. I had tubes put in twice back then (in the hospital, not in the doctor's office)and that's what saved my hearing. And what really amazes me is that I can hear a CRT "whistle" and ultrasonic alarm systems.
------------------
"What did Mr Spock see when he looked in the toilet? The Captain's Log."
Stolen from a BBS in 1985

Brett Hancock

Supporting Actor
Man I'm sick now to. Stupid sore throat. The sore throat that could kill an elephant is a nice way of putting it. What I usually do is gargle some saltwater and then I drink alot of this tea called throat coat. O man it feels so good. Then I watch a lot of movies, sleep, and drink some sprite to. Usually takes me about 4-5 days to get well and back to school(
frown.gif
).
------------------
Sorry about the previous Sig.
"Hell hath no fury like a womens scorn for sega."-Brodie Bruce
South Park season-by-season Again on DVD.
Beavis and Butthead on DVD
Family Guy on DVD

Howard Williams

Supporting Actor
I get the best relief form a sore throat by sucking on a aspirin. Not Tylenol or Ibuprofen, plain ole generic aspirin. Many can't handle the taste. It doesn't bother me any more.
------------------
"A film, by Oleg Razgul"
"How was that?"
"That was great"

Bill Cowmeadow

Second Unit
If its just a cold, drink whatever tastes good to you and a lot of it. Food is less important, but eat what doesn't hurt to swallow. Not really much you can do except try to rest, drink, drink and drink some more.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks