What's new

*** Official VAN HELSING Review Thread (1 Viewer)

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
Fun and entertaining summer flick!
:star: :star: :star:

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Reminder: This is the REVIEW thread. Anything other than a member review (including comments on and follow-ups to a member review) belongs in the DISCUSSION thread. Otherwise it will be deleted.

M.

Travis_W

Supporting Actor
One word sums up my entire experience while watching this film: UGH.

What makes me angry though is the fact that Universal spends 160 odd million on this when there are probably a ton of great scripts out there, waiting to get made, that are more important. A movie like this probably didn't require much studio supervision either as all they needed to hear was: "the guy who did The Mummy" "the guy who played Wolverine" and "tons of CGI".

I had more fun watching 'LXG' than this and that's not saying much.

But, I did like the opening homage to the classics...that is the first ten minutes. The rest of the two hours drag on and on. Oh well, at least I saw a cool, new trailer for 'Chronicles of Riddick'.

On a side note, the print I viewed had a trailer for 'Catwoman'...afterwards the entire crowd was in hysterics...I can tell where that one's going.

A half star out of 5

Mike Graham

Supporting Actor
Went in with low expectations, somewhat hoping for a thrill ride similiar to The Mummy. Instead, I was put through two hours almost as ghastly as The Mummy Returns!

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
I saw this on Friday afternoon with my father and a sizable audience since it was the first showing after school let out. I really enjoyed it for what it was: an old Universal Monsters, popcorn throwback (similar in quality to, say, Son of Dracula). LXG was the smarter film by far. The B&W opening totally rocked! The audience laughed at the jokes, and there were a few cheers here and there. I loved The Mummy and enjoyed The Mummy Returns (well, except for the horrid Scorpion King CGI)

I heard several people exclaim as we left the theater that the film wasn't as bad as the critics made it seem.

:star: :star: out of :star: :star: :star: :star:

P.S. And the audience absolutely hated the Catwoman trailer!

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
This movie is horrible........ Need I say any more.....

I don't even give it a star......

1/2/:star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

The only redeming part was the special effects for jackmans werewolf....

Don't waste your money, this one should fall off the map after this weekend......

R~

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks