What's new

*** Official "STAR WARS & EPISODE II" Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Hubert

Second Unit
"I think that goes to show that anyone who says something like "the movie will be awesome (or some other adjective) because the trailer was awesome" doesn't have a sound basis for saying so."
Robert, and you have absolutely no basis in saying it won't. Please stop trying to ruin other people's excitement. If you don't like Star Wars or Lucas, go spend your money on something else.
[Edited last by Hubert on November 05, 2001 at 01:49 AM]

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
Phil -
About the teaser being attached to all prints of Monsters Inc, I'm not sure about that one. I personally haven't seen it yet, so I couldn't give you first hand information. However, with several people mentioning this and even a dj making a point ot mention it would lead me to believe it to be so. What would be the point of the theater removing the teaser? I'd think that it'd be advantageous (especially since they have a monopoly in this town now) to run the teaser.
Does anyone know the facts on this?
------------------
B00005LC4P.01.MZZZZZZZ.jpg
6305499128.01.MZZZZZZZ.jpg
0792846427.01.MZZZZZZZ.jpg
6305165912.01.MZZZZZZZ.jpg
B00003CXRM.01.MZZZZZZZ.jpg

My Top 10 Movies of 2000 of 2001
Fox: Please release P.C.U. on DVD!

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
Having now seen it, I've got to say I too REALLY like the teaser. Sets up a decent atmosphere and the all CGI Yoda looks far better than expected... Would have been nice to see a different shot of Watto however, seeing him speaking (but obviously hearing nothing more then vader's breathing and that drum beat) threw me being the only shot I didn't think works in such a montage.
Cinematography is looking nice, lots of cold blues.
Dan (UK)
[Edited last by Dan Brecher on November 05, 2001 at 06:39 AM]

AdrianOC

Stunt Coordinator
View the EP2 trailer (don't know which one) at http://www.2fm.ie
------------------
"Want to hold up a bank in Latin?
"Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam."
(I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.)
My DVD List

Hubert

Second Unit
Thanks for the link Adrian, but I can't get it to connect to show the trailer. Guess we'll have to wait for the one at sw.com or theforce.net.

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
The trailer on Coming son.net- does anyone know it's source? Is this a bootleg from the theater shot on camcorder? I just noted that the film has really really gritty look- grainy and very contrasty... much better than the hyper-gloss of the Phantom menace.
I wondered if this was the look of the film- or if it was just the way it was projected/captured.
-Vince
------------------
http://www.musicianassist.com
AIM: VinceMaskeeper
Do you want SOUTH PARK on DVD in order, rather than themed sets? Join our overwhelming majority!!

Iain Lambert

Screenwriter
AARGH!!!
They have just junked their direct links to the .mpg version and replaced them with one to the official site where (A) you have to sign up and (B) its in Quicktime. Anyone still have the old links; I'd love to slap this on a VideoCD and see on the TV rather than just on my monitor.

Alex-C

Screenwriter
So, just to clear things up. The trailer available today and attached to some Monsters Inc prints this weekend is (obvisouly) a teaser.
And on Nov 9th, those with Ep.1 DVD-Rom can access a newer teaser trailer ? Or will it be the same teaser as is showing now at starwars.com ?
This trailer is a teaser in the true sense of the word. Ep.1 had much more content in its teaser. Still, since we are on the topics of teasers, my favorite recent teaser trailer goes to Gladiator. Man, I watched that 50 times and that Conan music to boot was glorious.
------------------
My HT

AdrianOC

Stunt Coordinator
And you have to purchase Quicktime Pro if you want the large version of the trailer.
furious.gif

------------------
"Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam."
(I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.)
My DVD List

Rob_C

Stunt Coordinator
I thought it was a great trailer. Showed enough to get you hyped up but didn't spoil any major scenes. Very well done. It gives me hope that this one won't be a festering pile of doo waiting for Jar Jar to step in.

AdrianOC

Stunt Coordinator
Not only do you have to buy QT Pro to watch the Hires version, I can't seem to be able to actually download the med res!
Anybody been successful downloading the qt trailer??
------------------
My DVD List
[Edited last by AdrianOC on November 05, 2001 at 10:11 AM]

Troy LaMont

Supporting Actor
I loved it also! I'm watching the downloaded clip as I type! Very, very nice!
Oh and
Two words...
BOBA FETT
Ditto!!!!!
Troy
------------------
:My teacher tells me beauty is on the inside.
:That's just something ugly people say.

[Edited last by Troy LaMont on November 05, 2001 at 10:21 AM]

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
So... Does anyone have a link to a hi-res, non QuickTime Pro version of the Ep2 teaser?? :)

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
LFL has been pretty dilligent about shutting down unliscenced sites with the trailer. Unfortunately, I think the QT version is gonna be the only version that is readily available. I don't understand why he's being so controlling about the trailers. I mean, come on, the more people that see the trailer, the more interest is going to build for the movie. Who cares if every site in the galaxy is carrying it? That just means more free advertising.
I loved it, btw.

Paul W

Second Unit
Fucking Apple!
In order to play the trailer there, they require you to upgrade to quicktime pro.
Fucking money grubbing assholes!
furious.gif
furious.gif
furious.gif

------------------
Link Removed Paul Warren
Hey fella . . . I bet you're still livin' in your parent's cellar . . . downloading pictures of Sarah Michelle Gellar . . . and posting "Me too!" like some brain-dead AOL-er . . . I should do the world a favor and cap ya' like Old Yeller . . . you're just about as useless as MPEGs [sic] to Hellen Keller.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks