*** Official RED Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Robert Crawford, Oct 16, 2010.

1. Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford Moderator

Robert
    This thread is now designated the Official Discussion Thread for "Red". Please, post all comments, links to outside reviews, film and box office discussion items to this thread.

All HTF member film reviews of "Red" should be posted to the Official Review Thread.

Thank you for your consideration in this matter.

Crawdaddy

2. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Glad to hear "Red" is going to have a good opening weekend (around $25 million), as I get to name-drop Cully Hamner's name (the co-creator/artist for the 3-issue comic mini-series "Red" from 2003) because I spent a couple of years attending a weekly figure drawing class at his former Gaijin Studios, and got to see what the artists were working on (there were 4-5 artists/writers in the studio before life changes impacted the participation by the studiomates), and getting to hear tidbits of how "Red" was being made as a movie on a regular basis was a nice bonus. Of course, just being optioned by Hollywood is nice nod for your work, but to actually see something you had a hand in from the ground-up, and then seeing it on the big screen had to be a thrill for Cully and also Warren Ellis (co-creator/writer), so congrats on a solid opening. They had to be tickled pink by the cast that was assembled for this cast, too.

3. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Executive Producer

Malcolm
    Tried to see this on Friday, but some dumbass at the theater assembled the print in the wrong order and put reel 5 before reel 4. After some audience complaints, they just stopped the film and gave out free passes.

We suddenly jumped from the scene of Frank and Sarah exiting the CIA building with Frank dressed as a firefighter, to a solemn gathering of the group toasting the memory of Joe, with Sarah having been captured and Helen Mirren appearing out of nowhere.

4. Nelson Au

Nelson Au Executive Producer

I really liked this film. I think I liked it better then The Expendables. Though they are different, I just felt more entertained. Good lines, some fun nonsense and characterizations.