What's new

*** Official "HARRY POTTER AND THE CHAMBER OF SECRETS" Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Bill Harris

Stunt Coordinator
To anybody who has seen this movie , how did the print look?. The print i saw just plained sucked at times. A soft , grainy Super-35 mess.

Jason Whyte

Screenwriter
I was sitting right next to Bill and was startled to see such a washed-out print and unnecessary, excessive film grain.
Either we were watching it on too large of a screen (and we were), or this should be 1.85:1. I'd happily prefer the latter. :)
Jason

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member
This sounds v. much like the first movie. Some of us thought it looked fine, others that it was a poor print. This time I thought the print was acceptable, last time I thought it was dirty and smudged. Both times I saw the movie the first or second day the general public could see it (i.e. it shouldn't have had time to get dirty).

cafink

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl Fink
Just a quick question …

Are there any differences between US/international versions of this film like there were in the first one? I'm pretty sure there aren't but I'd just like to be sure.

I know the books differed somewhat but not as extensively as with the first one.

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member
Is Dobby the House Elf going to be as irritating as Jar Jar in the Episode I? Thats my biggest fear.
No - categorically not. First, the CGI is so good that you spend the first few minutes wondering how they did it, and second, the character is if anything pitiful (in the best sense of the word) rather than 'I want to burst my own eardrums rather than hear another word from Jar-Jar' irritating.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Great review from "Entertainment Weekly," Grade: B+.
Running time = 2 hours 41 mins????? Man, my bladder's gonna be protesting this fall between COS and TTT. It's just not the movies without a gallon-size Coke! :D

Jason Whyte

Screenwriter
Running time = 2 hours 41 mins?????
Including credits, yes. The credits begin at roughly 2:32, and while there's a lot of them, there will be a little surprise at the end for those who stick with them. :)
My my, I can't wait to hear the feedback on here and the offical review thread tomorrow. Hope you North Americans enjoy it tomorrow!
Jason

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
there will be a little surprise at the end for those who stick with them
bummer. I usually sit through credits right to the end, but this time I didn't since the wife and I went straight to the cinema after work, it was 9pm and we needed to go get some dinner.

could anyone (Jason in particular) please let us know what this was -- in spoiler form if necessary? I don't want to have to wait until the DVD to find out...

Paul W

Second Unit
I was really put off when . . .
Hermione gave Harry a big hug and then looked at Ron like she had just encounted a snake in the garden.

It seemed very out of character.

Eric Lipp

Agent
Today, I had the worst movie going experience in my life.
I saw the 2:25pm showing of Harry Potter & the Chamber of Secrets. Let me run through some of the problems:

1) After the third cell phone rang, shouldn't that have clued in everyone to turn their phones off? (ps- the answer is apparently "NO")

2) If you haven't figured it out by now....Harry Potter really isn't a kids movie. Your infant and 3 year old do not understand it, and they probably don't want to sit there for 2 hours and 40 minutes.

3) Because the kids don't understand the movie, they do one of three things....a) Constantly ask, in a loud voice, what's going on, b) Talk to their sister who is sitting two chairs away, or c) Kick the chair of the person in front of them.

4) Why is it that nobody seems to be able to eat popcorn without crunching loud enough to rattle my fillings? Please, put the popcorn in your mouth, CLOSE your mouth, THEN chew. Thanks.

I think that's enough for one rant.
Thanks for listening....If anyone can understand what I'm talking about, the people on Home Theater Forum are it.

~Eric

PS - I will reserve my judgement of the movie until such time as I can really watch it.

Pete_w

Agent
Come on...what do you expect...you go to the most anticipated kids movie of the year on the first day and you expect a quiet peaceful movie-going experience. I do understand what you are talking about but I would not expect perfect on the first day of release.....that said they should stick the cell phones up their ass.:D

Eric Lipp

Agent
It's not that I expected a peaceful movie-going experience on opening day, but I DO expect a bit of courtesy and parenting.
I guess I hope for too much....

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
This is why I go to the last showing of the night:
fewer kids.

Usually works, except then you get the bad parents,
who think their 6 year-old is up to staying up waay
past their bedtime. So, the few kids there have the
potential to be worse per capita.

Mark

Kirk Tsai

Screenwriter
Yee Ming,

It has an image of one of Branagh's books, but titled "Who am I?" with a moving picture of him looking lost and silly. The setting is in one of Diagon Alley's bookstores, with this book placed in the exhibit windows.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks