What's new

Official 2015 Black Friday/Cyber Monday Deals Page: Post Your Favorite Deals Here (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Starting to watch the video.

I just have to find a stand on Amazon for these. Will be back shortly with what I find.

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
I'm a headphone nut! I have Beyer Dynamtic T90's, and HiFiMan HE-560's... the addiction never ends

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I don't use headphones, period.

However, it's never a bad thing to have a nice set of headphones, rated highly, that doesn't break the bank.

I don't even have to look up Dave Upton's headphones to know that a second mortgage is needed to afford them.

Did find a stand with a quick search:

http://www.amazon.com/Just-Mobile-HS-100BK-HeadStand-Headphones/dp/B00C99MTEU/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1449677375&sr=8-1-fkmr0&keywords=Just+Mobile+HS-100+HeadStand+Headphone+Stand

Kind of expensive for a speaker stand. If anybody has something just as nice but cheaper, I am all ears....

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
The ATs come with a nice storage bag, that keeps off the dust from the non-use. :)

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Having had a chance to compare the m50x vs. the m40x, I prefer the m50x for the deeper bass extension. The m40x is great, but I often found myself wanting a little more "oomph" and going to the software equalizer to do it. With the m50x there's no need.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Cameron,

I am excited about getting my MX50 cans today, based on reading your post, Cameron.

Still, I don't know what I am going to use the headphones for. I basically bought them because they were on sale.

I don't need them for movies. I have a 7.1 system.

Don't need them for music. I generally only listen to music in my car. The only time I have to do it.

Perhaps gaming. Don't do much of that any more either.

I don't think I am the right demographic for headphones, but yet, it will be something nice to have.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Cameron Yee said:
Having had a chance to compare the m50x vs. the m40x, I prefer the m50x for the deeper bass extension. The m40x is great, but I often found myself wanting a little more "oomph" and going to the software equalizer to do it. With the m50x there's no need.
I played with mine a little today, nice!

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
LOL! Niiiice!

Looks like I (w/ Cameron's help) triggered a series of ATH headphone purchases.

Hope y'all are enjoying your nice new cans. And hope you've at least gotten around to giving those M50x a spin before putting them away for storage, Ron. ;)

As for me, I ended up just giving the M40x I bought to my son for Christmas (as he loves them) and went for the classic(?) Sennheiser HD600 instead -- went for the $400 combo deal that included a $150 Amazon GC, so the headphones effectively cost $250+tax (while the entire deal earned 10% cashback on my Chase Freedom card). Not sure yet, but might spend the GC on a good headphone dac/amp to go w/ those cans as they need more juice than typical headphone outs provide... although my Yammy receiver's headphone out seems good enough to drive them so far (at least when I listen in the livingroom anyway).

Had considered the Hifiman HE400i or HE400s for a bit more, but decided the Sennheisers probably make the better choice at least for now.

Was also briefly tempted to spring for these gorgeous Massdropped mahogany Fostex cans instead, hehheh: :P

http://www.theverge.com/2015/12/21/10632812/fostex-massdrop-th-x00-headphones-review

They would probably be perfect for watching some Ron Burgandy, LOL... ;) :laugh:

_Man_

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks