What's new

***Offical "RESIDENT EVIL" Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Just watched this movie on DVD, really enjoyed it (made me look forward to "Aliens VS Predator" even more).

One thing though: why did Milla's character's husband, the guy who released the virus, try and kill them? Didn't they all want the same thing at that point, get out and bring the Umbrella corporation down? It didn't make any sense to me that he tried to kill them then.

/Mike

John Doran

Screenwriter
the marriage was a sham - they were agents of the umbrella corporation posing as a couple so as not to attract attention to themselves. they were guarding an entrance to the hive in the mansion.
the "husband" wanted to sell the virus on the open market and didn't care about the fate of umbrella. milla wanted to expose the company and have the whole thing shut down precisely because she didn't want the virus ever to be used.
the husband misinterpreted milla's dreams (in the letter at the beginning) - he thought she dreamed of being rich, when really she dreamed of a world without the insidious tyranny of the umbrella corporation.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
john, OK that makes more sense now.
The dialogue was NOT the movie's strong point, I must have missed a few lines there... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks