What's new

NYPD BLUE SEASON 5 (1 Viewer)

Curtis F

Stunt Coordinator
After several years of only having seasons 1 and 2 available, Itunes now has seasons 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5!! That's right... 5!!! I know it's not as good as DVD, but it's a start.

JoeyDeMLoverBoy

Auditioning
Hello Boys and Gals!! ;-)
It's me Joey DeMartino's "lady boi" friend. Anyhoo Joey and I were cuddled up watching glee, oh who are we kidding we were singing right along. Sometimes I sit in my computer chair and pretend I'm the cripple girl or boy or girl or boy or.......heck I don't know I'm whatever Joey wants me to be. Anyway later tonight we are getting together with Joey's big, strong, and strapping co workers Jack Clark and Jack Turnbuckle for poker night. I prefer gin but we should win at poker since two Jacks can't beat two queens. Listen to me. Goodnight all.
XOXOXO,
Sgt. Mary

Ghostmech

Auditioning
Real Name
Keith
Amazon has all 12 seasons for your viewing pleasure but I sure wish they would offer them as a DVD .....or even better yet, A Complete Set (the legal kind, not that garbage that some sell).

homer timpson

Auditioning
Real Name
Brian McLaughlin
As a UK viewer, watching the first 4 series was manna from heaven ...... then it all 'ended' :(
Until now ......... hopefully.
From Wikipedia:
DVD releases
20th Century Fox Home Entertainment has released the first 4 seasons of NYPD Blue on DVD in Region 1, 2 and 4. All of the sets contain the original master recordings, the original ABC broadcasts, and custom-made credits. After the release of the fourth season in 2006, Fox announced that they would be reviewing the possibility of further releases, citing the lack of sales. To date in Regions 1 and 4, there have been no further DVD releases, and it is not known if Fox still retains the rights to the show, as it also no longer retains two other Bochco properties, Hill Street Blues and L. A. Law.
In Region 2, Mediumrare has acquired the rights to release the show on DVD in the United Kingdom and plans to release the remaining eight seasons to DVD between December 2012 and April 2013.
This is toooooo good to be true.
Just been on Amazon UK and they are showing pre-order dates for Series 5-12 from Dec 12th 2012 through to April 29th 2013" :)
Things are looking good ....... let's hope the quality is worth the wait.
Hail Hail
Homer
MediumRare Entertainment Homepage

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Very interesting. If there are plans to release the remaining seasons in the UK, I wonder if there are any for the US.

Dave? Gord? You guys hear anything about this?

homer timpson

Auditioning
Real Name
Brian McLaughlin
Hi,
Just took delivery of NYPD Blue Seasons 5 & 6 from Amazon UK :P
"Season 7 - Available for pre-order. This item will be released on 25 February 2013"
Sorry for mediocre picture - unwrapped from packaging and taken hurriedly on way into work.
It's going to be a good Christmas :)
Homer

homer timpson

Auditioning
Real Name
Brian McLaughlin
Sam Favate said:
Very envious here in the US!
I may be over in Orlando in June next summer on vacation - I may accidentaly leave a few copies lying in our apartment :rolleyes:
Of course, whoever found them would need to have a region free dvd player :cool:
Homer

Dave B Ferris

Screenwriter
Even though different companies/studios are involved (I think), this gives me some hope that Shout! might someday license "Hill Street Blues", as well.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Sam Favate said:
For anyone missing the other thread about this, Season 5 is coming to DVD in the US on Jan 21, 2014.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/NYPD-Blue-Season-5/19040

Shout Factory has picked up the license for the show, so hopefully we can expect future seasons as well!
I will pick this up of course when did the show switch to HD, sad that we'll probably only get this on DVD, when it's on amazon in HD

smithbrad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
It looks like it was HD for seasons 9 (2001) through 12 (2005). Since the earlier seasons were NTSC video, one would have to assume if they are broadcast on Amazon in HD that they are just upconverted.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
After all these years, it sure is nice to have Season 5 in my hands today. Here's hoping Shout! can finish the series, or, at the very least, get season 6 out soon!

Ghostmech

Auditioning
Real Name
Keith
FINALLY!! Now lets vote for more with our wallets! If SHOUT! sees that there is a market for NYPD Blue, they will undoubtedly release more seasons. It's taken six years but we may finally get more seasons in the US. BTW, there are already 30 reviews on Amazon.com 29 five stars and 1 idiotic one star review.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Geez I wish Fox was still releasing these. I always rip all my series for my pled server and the way that shout engineered these things it makes encoding the individual episodes impossible, thanks shout factory

Ghostmech

Auditioning
Real Name
Keith
I see season 6 is available for pre-order on Amazon (June delivery). Hopefully more will soon follow.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I suspect 5 & 6 were prepped together, so sales of both will determine whether there are more. Very much looking forward to the entire series, which was 12 seasons.If we see season 7 by year end, maybe the show can wrap up in 2 years time.

NYPD Blue is one of the great shows of television, and deserves to be collected in its entirety.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks