NYPD BLUE SEASON 5

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Richard Ringenbach, Aug 28, 2006.

1. Curtis F

Curtis F Stunt Coordinator

Has anyone heard any more about who owns the rights and if there are any plans to do anything with them?

2. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

Fox still owns the rights to the show but rumor has it that they're going to license it to another company. If that's happening, you probably won't hear who has the license until the deal is finalized and announced.

3. Renegaade

Renegaade Auditioning

Get a life. Nobody knows anything. I was making a point that while blowing hot air about not getting a season 5 DVD you could have been watching it on TNT.

4. jacktripper1

jacktripper1 Stunt Coordinator

pahahahahaha renegade. so true so true. that made my day laughing at that.

5. Mark Talmadge

Mark Talmadge Cinematographer

Hopefully, they'll announce the news soon ... it's one of the best shows ever produced ...

6. Renegaade

Renegaade Auditioning

Showed 2 episodes each both Tuesday and Wednesday night this past week (3/25, 3/26). Hope it's a trend. Getting close to Sylvia and Bobby's deaths :sad:

7. DJ1094

DJ1094 Auditioning

Being a NYPD Det. I never watch the show when it was on Now I started bought the first 4 seasons and like everyone else waiting for season # 5 This is why there is boot leg copies out there of so much stuff. I purchase the whole series of 3rd watch from Can. It was taken off of A&E

8. Curtis F

Curtis F Stunt Coordinator

Any word on the rights issue yet?
    Okay, I'll admit it. I just want to keep the chatter up on this.[​IMG]

9. Mark Talmadge

Yeah, when it's announced. We'll know when the studio announces it.

10. BobSchneider

BobSchneider Second Unit

BAH! I wish peeps would stop with these tease posts of BS non sense . Unless you got news of season's five release date and (ethier sony or fox) is releasing s5 I'd honestly wish these bogus posts would stop. Its a disappointing waste of time to read these non news posts [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

11. DJ1094

DJ1094 Auditioning

Than dont read them I would like to keep this post going and get an update on season 5. I dont think it is on tnt any more

12. Nefestor

Nefestor Auditioning

any news about season 5 nypd blue?

13. duffman

duffman Auditioning

has anyone heard of removed by moderator?
    they are offering the full 12 series of NYPD for $99. Has anyone bought from them and are they anygood?
    Am tempted to buy but am unsure if it is legit
    thanks
    Niall Duffy

14. Walter C

Walter C Cinematographer

Walter
    That is a bootleg site, and links to bootleg sites are not allowed to posted on this forum.

15. TV Girl

TV Girl Auditioning

I am new to this forum, which I found by Googling NYPD Blue and season 5. I have no idea how to search the most recent dates, so I'm not sure how recent the information is regarding the release of season 5.

My husband and I just finished watching over the past few months (in marathon sessions!) Seasons 1-4. Needless to say, we are in complete withdrawal (and actually miss Medavoy!).

Does anyone have recent info on the DVD release of season 5 of NYPD Blue? We're going crazy here....

16. Mark Talmadge

Nothing is known. However, 20th Century Fox had informed me, through an email, that another studio would be releasing the series. That was early last year. My guess? I'm thinking Shout will end up releasing the series, eventually.
    Check out this topic for further information:
    http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htf/...highlight=NYPD

17. BobSchneider

BobSchneider Second Unit

Oh please god don't let it not be shout! it will be another one and done or a sloppy half arse hack job like Rhoda, Im a huge fan of NYPD blue and would buy every season released , but please anyone but shout![​IMG]

18. Mark Talmadge

What's the deal with Shout? I picked up Simon and Simon S2 and it isn't that bad ... I did notice that the colors are a bit dull but it ain't that bad.

19. BobSchneider

BobSchneider Second Unit

Hmmm other than their long string of one/two and done sets and recently the poor quality half arse set (ie just read the Rhoda thread). Shout commitment to dvd releasing is flakey at best. I am now buying r4 releases of Ironside because they finally decided to abandon the series for good. Please anyone one but Shout for nypd blue season sets restart because Shout both sucks and blows.[​IMG]

20. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

Freaks And Geeks, My So Called Life and Undeclared are top notch TV DVD releases. Mystery Science Theater 3000 is also getting the best treatment that it has ever received on video. While Shout may have made mistakes with some releases (like the Rhoda release which has obviously irritated you), they've probably got a much better track record than most companies out there.