What's new

Nine Inch Nails - Year Zero (1 Viewer)

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
see, artists like this deserve to be supported. They know they have a quality product and are making it available for the fans to hear so they can decide if it's worth purchasing or not

Brian Little

Stunt Coordinator
I haven't been following the drama over this album but will there be a 5.1 mix released for this one like "With Teeth" had?

EricB

Agent

Yup, I fully agree.

By the way, have you guys seen Beside You In Time? I'll probably be picking that one up this weekend.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I've seen Beside You In Time. I put it on all the time to listen to, despite it being a damn fine viewing expreiance. The audio is great, Reznor seems more focused then on the last concert DVD, and I really regret not going to see them when they played here.

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
So far nobody has posted how they feel about Year Zero. So far I think its okay. I think my favorite song so far is "The Great Destroyer".
The first track "Hyperpower!" reminds me of Marilyn Manson's "Dried Up, Tied and Dead to the World".
Track 7 "Capital G" came on and I thought I was listening to Michael Jackson's "The Way You Make Me Feel", Not to discredit the song. Its decent, but I kind of wish they used a different beat.

I was under the assumption that Trent was planning on releasing all future releases in a 5.1 format, and even wanted to go back to remix the other studio albums. So I didnt really think this wouldnt be released in 5.1. Anyone have any confirmation one way or another?

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I heard that he wanted to remix Fragile in 5.1, and that he was going to do PRetty Hate Machine, but he doesn't completly own the rights, and the company that does didn't want to pay him to do it.

I haven't heard anything about a 5.1 on year Zero. I'm basically holding off on purchasing until it's confirmed. Since hearing Spiral in 5.1, I ca't go back to the standard mix.

Shane D

Supporting Actor
i've heard nothing of a 5.1 and all i can think of is the that this album came together so fast he didnt' have time to do it that way. From concept to release was 5 months and during that time he was also touring. Seems pretty accelerated to me.

I'm hoping if no 5.1 now, he might release a torrent of it like he did closure.

I've been listening to the stream from nin.com about every day and im looking forward to tuesday and getting this.

Beside you in time is great too. I was surprised it had dts on it. I ripped it out to my ipod and listen to it quite a bit.

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
I searched online, and apparently what I didn't know is that this is a concept album of sorts. and that hes possibly going to do a movie to accompany it. Wikipedia had this stuff on it, but nowhere online could I find anything about 5.1 and any site for pre-order says its Stereo only. So it looks to me that unless this is re-released at a later date, its just stereo. disappointing for now, but I wouldn't put it past Trent to end up making this 5.1 in the end.

Shane D

Supporting Actor
it is a concept album.

It's set 15 years in the future and the Totalitarian government has fed a compound in the drinking water to combat biological terror, but what people are discovering is that once you 'go off' the public water, you start to think more clear and notice that things aren't right.

the wiki page has a bunch of links to some of the websites people have discovered. fun reading.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Year_Zero_%28album%29

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I highly doubt these tracks were simply thrown together in a few months, they were likely tracks that didn't make the album and that had been kicking around waiting to be produced. So far I like The Good Soldier the best, but I like all of it.

Beside You In Time is stunning on Blu Ray with the Dolby True HD track! I saw the last show of the tour too...wow.

Um, if that is the idea, it has been done already basically...Equilibrium.

JeremySt

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeremy
The entire album is up on NIN's myspace site. Ive been a fan since Pretty Hate Machine, and my initial impression is that Year Zero is incredible. Time will tell, but for now, Im giving this album a 9/10 rating.

EricB

Agent
I haven't had time yet to give Year Zero a real good listen, but it sounds promising indeed.

NiN is one act I can really appreciate listening to in 5.1. I do hope they release a 5.1 version of The Fragile.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I thought he said a 5.1 version of The Fragile would hopefully be out this year? No go at the moment on PHM though due to the previously mentioned rights dispute. I was very impressed with the SACD of The Downward Spiral, it quickly became one of my favorite m/c discs. I like With Teeth; the 5.1 on the dual disc is very good, but it isn't up there with my favorite stuff from them.

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
If the Fragile gets released in 5.1 this year, I think I would take a week of vacation and do nothing but listen to it over and over again. It is my favorite NIN album. and I think its the best thing in the entire Halo catalog.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks