What's new

nil by mouth (1 Viewer)

JonathanSimpson

Stunt Coordinator
i was watching the war zone on tues channel 4 uk and it got me thinking about another brit directorial debut gary oldman's nil by mouth and was wondering if any of you guys have seen it? also for those who have seen the the picture another tour de force performance from ray winstone who is also the father in the war zone what i was wondering was does anyone know what the track is that play's over the seen (i am trying to remember the exact location as i have not seen the picture since it came out in 1997) i think after ray winstone abuse's kathy burke's character, it may play whilst the scene is taking place or during the aftermath not sure. its just a sensational track that happens to play on the theatrical trailer(trailer has no dialogue, just the music) it is such an ambient track, reminded me of michael mann's use of ambient music during emotional scene's (manhunter,heat,the insider) any idea's. also from doing a little research the picture only seem's to be available on the wonderful format that is VHS:D .one final thing how is the the war zone disc i have viewed a few comparison review's r1 vs r2 and would seem from there infomation the r1 has a tim roth commentary, was wondering if he talk's openly about the subject matter openly as the reviews dont really state the overall tone of the track.
jonathan

ChristopherM

Stunt Coordinator
I saw "Nil By Mouth" when it was released, Jonathan, but I'm fairly certain that it's not out on DVD anywhere, despite Kathy Burke getting the Cannes award for her performance. If you want opinions on the film itself you might get more response in the "Movies" area.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks