What's new

NFL 2011 Regular Season Discussion Thread (3 Viewers)

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
RobertR said:
I guess it was the video of Wes Walker on the verge of tears and the video of Brady being comforted by his wife. I agree with you, nothing really to whine about. They've won three, it's not like teams that have never won it.
I imagine Welker is upset because if he catches just one more pass, there's a very good chance they win. He's thinking he cost his team a SB win. A player feeling bad about a loss and being comforted is not whining. Admittedly, I haven't seen any of these videos or really kept up with what the players are saying, but I think the loser of a SB, no matter the team, is entitled to feel bad about it. Whinning is 'But Ma, Billy cheated me! He didn't play fair." I haven't heard any of this. If Welker were to twitter something like "If only I caught that pass", that's not whining, that's lamenting.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
Scott Merryfield said:
A certain percentage of every NFL team turns over every year, so it depends on how you want to define it. It's the same ownership, head coach, QB, and a few other players that have been part of five Super Bowl trips, a 16-0 regular season, and three SB wins. Personally, I think the Pats era changes over when either Bellichick or Brady leave, but that's just one person's interpretation. I fully recognize that this season's SB loser looks vastly different than the first SB winner from the Bellichick/Brady era.
I tend to think of teams collectively (including their fans), not the individual players. I just don't buy the thinking that says "well, it wouldn't feel any different for the Cubs to win the Series than some future Yankee team whose players have never won one". Oh, yes it WOULD.
Whinning is 'But Ma, Billy cheated me! He didn't play fair." I haven't heard any of this. If Welker were to twitter something like "If only I caught that pass", that's not whining, that's lamenting.
Ok, then I amend my statement to say there's a lot of public lamenting. :)

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
RobertR said:
I tend to think of teams collectively (including their fans), not the individual players. I just don't buy the thinking that says "well, it wouldn't feel any different for the Cubs to win the Series than some future Yankee team whose players have never won one". Oh, yes it WOULD.
Whinning is 'But Ma, Billy cheated me! He didn't play fair." I haven't heard any of this. If Welker were to twitter something like "If only I caught that pass", that's not whining, that's lamenting.
Ok, then I amend my statement to say there's a lot of public lamenting. :)
Works for me. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks