What's new

Next Hanna-Barbera set? (1 Viewer)

Lecagr

Screenwriter
Real Name
Lee
On the subject of Hanna-Barbera, who remembers the cartoon series collection of vinyl record albums that were issued from 1965 to 1966? The first volume is catalog number 2020, Monster Shindig. The last volume is catalog number 2055, soundtrack from The Man Called Flintstone.

Two additional volumes were issued, catalog number 2056, Edgar Allan Poe's The Tell Tale Heart, and catalog number 2057, GI Joe/The Story Of The Green Beret.

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
On the subject of Hanna-Barbera, who remembers the cartoon series collection of vinyl record albums that were issued from 1965 to 1966? The first volume is catalog number 2020, Monster Shindig. The last volume is catalog number 2055, soundtrack from The Man Called Flintstone.

Two additional volumes were issued, catalog number 2056, Edgar Allan Poe's The Tell Tale Heart, and catalog number 2057, GI Joe/The Story Of The Green Beret.
Would love for the Man Called Flintstone to come out on CD.
--jthree

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray

For myself and others with no memory of this, I looked it up:

I will say that the Yogi Bear/Three Stooges album here is one of the best children's albums ever. All original voices and a good story. I played it for my kids numerous times in the car. Another similarly good one is Huckleberry Hound and the Ghost Ship (https://hanna-barbera.fandom.com/wiki/Huckleberry_Hound_&_the_Ghost_Ship_(TV_Soundtrack)), but that record apparently predates Hanna Barbera Records and was issued on another label. It would be wonderful if all of these old recordings would be made available for purchase as an MP3 on Amazon or something.

Lecagr

Screenwriter
Real Name
Lee
For myself and others with no memory of this, I looked it up:

I will say that the Yogi Bear/Three Stooges album here is one of the best children's albums ever. All original voices and a good story. I played it for my kids numerous times in the car. Another similarly good one is Huckleberry Hound and the Ghost Ship (https://hanna-barbera.fandom.com/wiki/Huckleberry_Hound_&_the_Ghost_Ship_(TV_Soundtrack)), but that record apparently predates Hanna Barbera Records and was issued on another label. It would be wonderful if all of these old recordings would be made available for purchase as an MP3 on Amazon or something.
I like the colorful artwork on those album covers.

I do have a complete collection of the cartoon series LP's and they're in excellent shape, there's a total of 38 albums including the two additional ones #2056 and #2057. I don't know what the current value of these would be but I'm not looking to sell anyway.

Greg Chenoweth

Supporting Actor
Here are my random thoughts on the recent Superstars 10 Blu-ray releases. I broke down and bought “The Good, the Bad and Huckleberry Hound”, and the picture is absolutely amazing. However, the DVD that was released also through Warner Archive, has additional material because it includes the bumpers going in and out of the commercial breaks, and this Blu-ray release does not have that. However, the Blu-ray release does have the swirling star Hanna-Barbera logo at the end of the movie which the DVD release did not have.

I believe this Superstars 10 release is the first Warner Archive material of any Scooby Doo material at all. This might be a new change in philosophy at Warners to put older Scooby material through the archive program, which would be welcomed by me.

I would also welcome to see the movie “The Man Called Flintstone” released through the WarnerArchive program on Blu-ray. They included the original Columbia pictures logo on the “Hey There it’s Yogi Bear” Blu-ray release and I would hope they would put the Wilma Columbia logo back in if it was released through the Blu-ray program; just like Hanna-Barbera Home Video issued it on the movie’s first VHS release.

Pmprod7

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
PM
All I ask for is the following two box sets on Blu-ray:
Super Friends (all series '73-'86)
Jonny Quest (all series and films '64-'95)
Yes ,because they remastered all the seasons of Super Friends in HD back in 2021 and then took it off HBO Max where they were streaming them. They shouldn't have done all that work for nothing. I would hope they are planning to put the series out on Bluray--it should get a lot of buyers because there's a large nostalgic fan base (even for the first season in 1973).
I don't know how many old Hanna-Barbera cartoons they've completed remastering in HD but I hope to see much more.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks