What's new

Next Hanna-Barbera set? (2 Viewers)

Joshua Lane

Second Unit
Wave 1 - March 16th (Announced in January)
Flintstones: Complete First Season
Scooby Doo, Where Are You! - Seasons 1&2
Wave 2 - May 11th (Announced in February)
Jonny Quest - Season 1
Jetsons: Complete First Season
Wave 3 - October 19th (Announced in July)
Tom and Jerry - Spotlight Collection 1
Wacky Races: The Complete Series
Wave 4 - December 7th (Announced in August)
Flintstones: Season Two
Top Cat: The Complete Series
...if things follow the pattern, I bet we'll get the next wave announced in early December, for a March release. And I'm guessing new seasons of either Jetsons or Scooby-Doo is among the releases.

Paul Miller

Supporting Actor
Did Scooby Doo do well enough to warrant more releases? It seems like it is the only title that they didn't reduce the price on and it couldn't have outsold the Flintstones, could it?

Paul

Jaime_Weinman

Supporting Actor
There wasn't actually a season 2 of The Jetsons -- they did one season, and then it was cancelled. It was revived for Saturday mornings in the '80s (with the addition of a cute space alien called "Orbity"), but I doubt that releasing that is a priority for WB, which is concentrating on the "classic" Hanna-Barbera shows of the '60s rather than the down-and-out Hanna-Barbera of the '80s.

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory
I think more people are buying Scooby at Wal-Mart and they are clearing out the rest of the others, last time I saw the other three, they had a sign saying last chance at my local Wal-Mart.
TVSHOWSONDVD reports
Yogi Bear , Huckleberry Hound , and Josie and The Pussycats.Whether Yogi and Huck include their supprting shorts is beyond me but Jerry Beck had this contractually limited thing to say about Hanna Barbera over at the animation show forums:
I will tell you, without fear of reprecussion, that my friend Earl Kress (producer of Rhino's Hanna Barbera's musical audio CDs of The Flintstones, Pic-A-Nic Basket, etc.) will be involved, adding his extensive expertise to the compiling of future H-B dvds (Neither Earl nor I was involved with the recent releases of FLINTSTONES, JETSONS or JONNY QUEST). So we are in good hands.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
From a review I read over at Link Removed the Scooby-Doo seasons 1 and 2 release, contains all of the Scooby episodes from that original format.
The next incarnation was the hour long Scooby-Doo movies where they interacted with celebrities and the like, and then I think it went back and they did more episodes like the original 2 seasons, only with Scrappy Doo added to the cast...and then all hell broke loose.
Count me in for as much Scooby-Doo as they decide to release though, only I would like as a bonus feature the ability to have an audio track with loud booing inserted whenever Scrappy Doo does any of his useless running bits.
As for sales, I can't imagine Scooby-Doo selling poorly, I mean its still a big money maker for Warner even today, that dog is everywhere.
That's not to say it sold great, it did carry a high price tag, but I'm sure it did fairly ok.

Matthew Green

Stunt Coordinator
Great news and thanks for the welcome! I just got into this DVD thing BECAUSE of TV shows...

It is so great that something so obscure like Wacky Races is being released. Not to mention Top Cat...

Here's hoping:

Wally Gator

Magilla Gorilla

Atom Ant

SnagglePuss

JabberJaw

And more will be made

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory
The next incarnation was the hour long Scooby-Doo movies where they interacted with celebrities and the like, and then I think it went back and they did more episodes like the original 2 seasons, only with Scrappy Doo added to the cast...and then all hell broke loose.
I was thinking The New Scooby-Doo Movie would be next but I wasn't sure. This was my favorite and it ran for 24 hour long episodes over two seasons. The Featured guests include The Three Stooges (twice), Batman and Robin (twice), The Addams Family, Jonathan Winters, Don Knotts (twice), Phyllis Diller, Sandy Duncan, Sonny and Cher, Laurel and Hardy, The Harlem Globetrotters (three times), Davy Jones, Jerry Reed, Josie and the Pussycats, Jeannie and Babu, Tim Conway, Don Adams, Speed Buggy, Mama Cass Elliot, and Dick Van Dyke. If you notice, this includes a few other Hanna-Barbera cartoons, I think it would serve as a good intro for some of these other series.

Also, I think Wacky Races means Dastardly and Muttley in Their Flying Machines and The Perils of Penelope Pitstop are on their way in the cult following department. I remember reading someone involved said they wanted to explore some cult series and I think there is none more obvious than Hong Kong Phooey.Captain Caveman and Pirates of Darkwater may apply here too.Also in the cult and mainstream audience, Quick Draw Mc Graw needs a release, majorly even. Still, I want The Amazing Chan and the Chan Clan most of all though. Clue Club, Dynomutt, and Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kids would be nice too but the Chan series is needed most expeditiously.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Clue Club rules. Man I really, relly hope one of the Hanna Barbera sets wil be Clue Club. I love Woofer, and Wimper. My friend once referred to Clue Club as the Poor Man's Scooby Doo, and while I laughed out loud, I had to disagree. I always thought Clue Club was a lot creepier.

Kieran Brown

Agent
On tv.com I asked in the Captain Planet & The Planeteers forum who has the DVD distributing rights for it, someone said Hanna-Barbara, is that true??

Is there an official site for Hanna-Barbara?

Greg Chenoweth

Supporting Actor
Hanna-Barbera produced "The Clue Club" but Warner Brothers now owns Hanna-Barbera and has exclusive distribution rights to the show.
You can write to Warner Home Video through their website to request the show, but they are not good at replying.
Warner has been doing a good job of releasing Hanna-Barbera material on DVD over the last year and a half. November will see Huckleberry Hound Volume 1, Yogi Bear - The Complete Series and Flintstones Season 4. They have put out the complete Wacky Races, Dastardly and Muttley, and Penelope Pitstop shows on DVD. Hopefully in the future "Clue Club" will be released as well.
I just thought of another source to voice your interest in a "Clue Club" DVD. Warner Brothers recently started a website www.classiccartoonsdvd.com. This is a site devoted to classic cartoons like Huck, Yogi and Clue Club. There is a message board there and you can make your request on the board under the title "Ask the Animators." About once a month they answer all the questions people ask and the most frequently asked one is requests for shows on DVD. Give it a try!

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
Yesterday there was announcement on Josie and the pussycats in outerspace being released on MOD and the Adams Family (1973) in October. That is a good sign that maybe more cartoons are on their way. I hope so, because i really like to see Speed Buggy, Jabberjaw, Goober and the Ghost Chaser, funky phantom, etc.

I grew up with saturday morning cartoons and would love to see more released.

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
I'd like to see:

1. From Hanna Barbera:

The Adventures of Gulliver

The Adventures of Huck Finn

Devlin

Fantastic Four (1966)

Funky Phantom

The Herculoids

Moby Dick and Mighty Mightor

Space Kiddettes

2. From Filmation:

Fantastic Voyage

The Hardy Boys

Lassie's Rescue Rangers

Journey to the Center of the Earth

Shazam!

3. Other Cartoons

Hot Wheels (1969)

The Lone Ranger (1966)

Marvel Superheroes (1966)

Skyhawks

4. "Live Action" Saturday Morning Shows (Not done by any of the above)

Barrier Reef

Run Joe Run

Westwind

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
The last announcement was valley of dinosaurs and that is on now. It has been quiet from WB about what they are planning next for their release. Ideally, i like to see the herculoids make the list along with the following

1. Sealab 2020
2. Banana Splits
3. Captain Caveman and the teen angels

I have 35 completed cartoons and i have speed buggy, jabberjaw and funky phantom on order or have been shipped. I usually watch an hour or so of cartoons on saturday morning and i am glad that i have many of the shows from the 1970s. I would love to see more of the filmation shows release, especially live action shows. I had thought HB bought filmation and also their issues with licensing of the shows. I love to see far out space nuts, etc.

Greg Chenoweth

Supporting Actor
Here is a link to an article about the Warner Archive that was posted on March 24 at the New York Post:

http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/movies/anniversary_extra_george_feltenstein_K5z5y84huNwN1iTZDbMuGI

The article celebrates the Archive's second anniversary. However, there is this little gem from the interview with George Feltenstein of Warner Brothers:

"The HB titles have been so extraordinary successful; I never would have guessed in my wildest dreams that they would be as popular as Kay Francis. We really have different classifications of fans, something for everyone. That speaks to the wide variety of our library."

Let's keep it up, gang! HB is doing great at Warner Archive!

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Frank Soyke
I doubt you will see the Chan Clan released due to the Asian stereotypes associated with it.
If that were the case, two episodes wouldn't have already shown up in the Saturday Morning series. It does have a nifty tv theme.

James

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
You beat me to it. So I'll just say ditto.
Chan Clan is one that for some reason I never saw originally growing up in the 70's. It was probably on the same time as something else I watched.
I had no interest in it before since I didn't watch it. But after seeing the two episodes on the collections I like it and would buy it. Sealab 2020 is another one that somehow escaped me before but I would also buy after seeing it now.
I agree with Greg lets get the HB going and I think we will see all of them released over the next few years.

Originally Posted by JamesSmith
If that were the case, two episodes wouldn't have already shown up in the Saturday Morning series. It does have a nifty tv theme.

James

Greg Chenoweth

Supporting Actor
I agree with you, Randy. I never watched the Chan Clan growing up, but fans of the show should have an opportunity to purchase the episodes on DVD. I would really like to see the other "Yogi" shows come out through the Archive. I'm glad sales are going well, so it bodes well for more releases in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks