What's new

Newbie needs help with potential Digital Optical Audio/Analog problem (1 Viewer)

IBBen

Auditioning
Real Name
Ben Lattin
Hello Experts,

I'm trying to help my 70 year old father connect a Blu-Tooth hearing aid device to his t.v. The device is a Taiwanese product from a company named Rayson (here's a link to the device on their webpage http://www.rayson.com/bta130.html). The Rayson gadget transmits via Blu-Tooth to a remote control that in turn transmits to his hearing aids.

The only connection provided by Rayson is a male headphone jack which I have attached to a red/white analog splitter. I currently have his LG HDTV connected to his Pioneer Audio/Video Multi-Channel Receiver # VSX-D411 via a Digital Optical Audio cable (the only available audio output on his tv) and the Rayson connected to one of the sets of analog output jacks on his receiver. I checked the Pioneer owners manual online and selected the "CD-R/TAPE/MD" jacks, here's a link to the Pioneer manual: http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pio/pe/vgn/images/portal/cit_11221/50028operating_instructions_VSX-D411_200243123101070.pdf

Here's my problem, when I turn on the tuner on the Pioneer receiver he can hear FM radio in his hearing aids but when I switch to tv on the receiver he hears nothing. I know I have the Rayson device connected properly and I'm now stumped.

My only thought is that the Pioneer receiver is sending digital audio to the Rayson device, could this possibly be the problem? Any other thoughts or ideas?

So far I've spent 2 hours on the phone with him to get this far in the process, tomorrow morning I will drive 100 miles to see if I can get the thing working. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Ben

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Did you assign the digital audio input to the TV selection on the receiver?

The Rayson gadget transmits via Blu-Ray to a remote control that in turn transmits to his hearing aids.
Do you mean it transmits via Blue-Tooth?

IBBen

Auditioning
Real Name
Ben Lattin
Hi Robert,

Yes, when I originally hooked up the tv to the receiver I had to assign the digital audio input to the TV selection on the receiver in order to play whatever was on the tv through their speakers (which works fine by the way).

Oops, yes I meant Blue-Tooth :)

Thanks,

Ben

CB750

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bill
Ben

I have Rexton Hearing Aids with a blue tooth transmitter. I mainly use it with my computer that has analog headphone outputs. When I have used it on my Integra receiver it was through the front head phone jack and it worked fine for both analog and digital audio sources. You might try connecting your dads transmitter that way and see what happens.

To tell you the truth I find that rather than use the blue tooth transmitter I prefer to use either my auto setting or music setting on my aids when I watch TV, as the sound quality through the transmitter is rather flat and only sends two channel stereo to the aids. . I believe the technology was devolved to use with hands free telephone operation and is tweaked to give a clear human voice.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks