What's new
World Wide Stereo

New Wii for Christmas (1 Viewer)

jcrilley3

Agent
Real Name
Joe Crilley
My lovely wife gave me a wii system for christmas. Is it possible to run it through my A/V receiver to improve the sound. Right now I have it hooked directly to my Sony TV with the supplied RCA cables. I see that you can also buy component cables to improve the video.

Thanks

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Congratulations on the Wii and welcome to Home Theater Forum Joe. It sounds like she's a keeper . You can hook the Wii into your receiver. That is what I did with mine. You won't get "real" surround sound from the Wii so you will have to set your receiver to a virtual surround mode. In my case I used Dolby Pro Logic II. I really don't think you will notice much of a difference (if any) by upgrading to the component cables. Put that money towards another controller or another game instead.

slipchuck

Grip
Real Name
randy
In my Yamaha, I have to put the Wii in the front jacks (aux) that is the only way it will work
as far as surround goes, lots of Wii games are encoded for Dolby pro-Logic2 and they sound amazing

HTH

randy

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trackername123
Recent bookmarks