What's new

New to External Speakers, Need Help (1 Viewer)

CapnWahle

Auditioning
Real Name
Derek
I recently purchased a Seiki SB201C sound bar which has output via analog or coaxial. The problem I'm running into is that my TV doesn't seem to be outputting the sound through the bar. I have my input as an Xbox 360 with an HDMI to the TV.

Is this a problem with my TV not being able to convert the sound from the HDMI to the output of the sound bar? TV is a Sansui model #: HDLCD3250. And the TV itself is a few years old and has never been connected to external audio before.

CapnWahle

Auditioning
Real Name
Derek
In addition to that, when I switch my Xbox to AV (red, yellow, white) cables the bar seems to work, is there a conversion here?

CapnWahle

Auditioning
Real Name
Derek
Typo.

When I use an hdmi cable from the my xbox to the tv, I cannot get sound with either coax or analog.

When I switched to an av connector between my xbox and tv, I was able to get sound with both.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Using my phone, so I can't, at the moment, download the manual for your TV.When you turn the TV speakers off, what options do you get?And, by chance...is this a DVD/LCD combo?

CapnWahle

Auditioning
Real Name
Derek
I don't get any other options other than on/off when I turn the tv speakers off.

Nope, it's just an LCD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks