What's new

new Spider-Man Deluxe Edition DVD out before Spider-Man 2 hits the screen (1 Viewer)

Darren Haycock

Second Unit
I feel a bit disgusted with the whole thing. In my mind, releases like X2 are where it's at. Amazing picture quality, DD and DTS, and a whole 2nd disc of interesting features. Spider-Man, is a totally different matter. Sub-par picture quality, and not the greatest extras, with the high probability that there will be a future rerelease. Not only that, but it's two releases, made to screw one out of their money. And on top of that, the "Superbit" version is including an audio commentary with Tobey Maguire. According to Columbia Tristar's Superbit "principles," it's DD, DTS and that's it, no commentary crap. Screw this...

Charlie O.

Supporting Actor
What story window you guys jump out of if down the line a Superbit Deluxe after buying on of these suckers comes out.

Mitch Stevens

Supporting Actor

Those comparisons between the 3 different versions of the DVD all look the same, BUT it's not a fair test, because all of us, are looking at those screen-caps on our tiny computer monitors.

I think a better comparison, would have been done by Bjoern, who has a kick-ass FP set-up. THEN, we would easily see the differences between all three versions.

Tiago_J

Stunt Coordinator
Guys, I found this out over a Spider-Man fansite, Spiderfan.org:

We got sent the following information on the new Spider-Man Movie 3-Disc set:

Dear Editor,I Heard there is a Spiderman 3-Disc Deluxe Edition coming out on June 1st just in time with the theatrical release of Spiderman 2. This time, the chapter will be not only 28 chapters but 69 chapters. Here is the full details:
Spiderman: 3-Disc Deluxe Edition

Disc one: The Film

16x9 1.85:1 anamorphic widescreen and 1.33:1 fullscren digital presentations on the same movie disc.
English, French and Spanish Dolby Digital EX 5.1 and English DTS ES 6.1 -Subtitles: English, French and Spanish
Audio and SPX Commentaries
Alternate Video tracks: Work In Progress track, Extended track. DVD-ROM*: Comic/feature comparison, record your own commentary and weblinks

Disc Two: The Making of Spiderman Part One-From Comic to Production -Five original documentaries covering the comic book into a screenplay, the origins of Spiderman, designing the sets, a visit to Sony Pictures Imageworks, and an in-depth look at creating bringin the SPFX to life -Comic Book Art Gallery -Galleries with audio commentaries (inlcuding a archive of over millions of images)

Disc Three: The Making of Spiderman Part Two: From Production to Release -20 original documentaries cover the filming of Spiderman, the visual effects, editing, music and sound, the making of the film, the Spider-mania and the mythology of the 21st century. -Music Videos by Chad Kroegger, Josey Scott and Sum 41 -The Spiderman Comic archives, Deleted Scenes, Publicity and Marketing and Theatrical Trailers and TV Spots (inlcuding the never-before-seen lost first teaser trailer and Spider Man 2 trailers) -Galleries from Audio Commentaries (including a archive of over 27,000 images DVD-ROM*: Activision PC games, all playable levels, 4 Marvel dot.comics: Amazing Stories #15, The Amazing Spiderman #1 & Peter Parker: Return of the Goblin, Spiderman Visualizer)
Also, 2 making-of books will be out this year; a 192-page book, The Making and Art of Spiderman will be published by Del Rey. a 232-page book, The Making and Art of Spiderman 2 will also be published by Del Rey. There will be a 3-disc digipack in a cardboard slipcase. Thank you for the full details.
-Timothy Robert McKenzie

Now, I don't really think these are for real, specially after Columbia itself posted the specs but I can't get off of my mind that survey they did earlier this month... but I guess this is just a fanboy's wish list... a good one BTW (27,000 images, WTF?)

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Yeah, it sounds much more like a fanboy dream. I doubt they'd include a DTS track since they are doing a Superbit!

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
I dont have the first dvd release and would would only buy the new release only if it included a DTS track. Otherwise I guess it really does not matter weather its release 1 or 2. I dont see the DD track being any better in the new release. The only thing I beleive that they can do is to release a extended cut. Other than that the only thing I want to see is a DTS track.

DTS :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
If all you want is the DTS track, just buy the Superbit when it comes out. I have the R3, and it's great.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks