What's new
World Wide Stereo

New Sony speakers (1 Viewer)

ChrisMark

Agent
I was in BB yesterday and noticed that Sony has come out with a new line of bookshelf, center, and floorstanding speakers. I know that Sony does not have a great speaker history, but these are within my very tight budget. Does anyone have any opinions on these?

728x90

Luis S

Supporting Actor
They actually sound pretty damn good for "budget" speakers. I work at BB so Im constantly playing in the audio section when no ones looking. :D I gave these a listen and was most certainly impressed. I also suggest giving the new Yamahas a listen. Very impressive quality for something at BB.

I wound up going with the yamahas as they completely blew me away! I was very impressed with their sound and good looks for the price (although I do get a considerable discount) I posted a review (to which no one replied :frowning: ) So look it up if your interested. Either way,when it comes to speakers,let your ears guide you. Not brandnames or high end dealers. You never know where or when youll find the speakers that are right for you. :)

Later,

Luis S

NicholasL

Second Unit
These speakers sound great! In fact, the first good speakers I ever owned were the SSMF-515 series towers from Sony, which I bought from best buy 4 years ago...and lemme tell you, i had the most kicka*s system in my entire dorm building! i recently sold them becasue i needed extra cash, but I paid about $200 for each pair (had 2 pairs, plus a center). I've heard the new line and I think they sound amazing. If the budget is right, I think they are excellent entry-level speakers

Drew_W

Screenwriter
MUCH improved over last years speakers...that said, however, there is still room for growth for not an awful lot more...

Kevinkall

Second Unit
I was going to upgrade my WHOLE system with the new Sony line, glad i didn't! I discovered Paradigm! The Paradigms blow anything that sony can put out away. I'd stay away from the new Sony line! Go with something better, it wil be worth it in the long run.

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
What kevin said. Tight budgets+paradigm=
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael Slayer
Recent bookmarks