What's new

New receiver help (1 Viewer)

theargonaut

Agent
Real Name
Brant
So folks I think I'm going to start looking at new receivers and wanted some help picking one out. I currently have a Denon 2310ci and I'm looking to replace it. Mainly because I'm interested in getting a 4k TV soon to replace my Samsung PN58C500. I recently bought a Vizio 4k for upstairs just to check it out and I was blown away by the PQ even on the upscaled material. Just looks a lot sharper. I'm assuming I don't really need a new receiver to get 4k upscaling to work if I stuck with my current Denon receiver and just utilized upscaled 1080p content but I know that if I got a 4k TV i'd be all about being able to watch 4k as soon as possible. Just how I am. So i figure I should probably start with a new receiver then work my way to a TV. Part of me is hoping that 4K OLED TVs come down this year to a reasonable price but I'm doubting that so I might have to pull the trigger on something else but that's an entire different conversation.

My current setup:
Denon 2310CI receiver
7.1 speaker configuration

Main uses/points/concerns for receiver not in any priority order
Better GUI for tweaking things
Good for Blu Ray/4k playback (obviously)
Good for Xbox One Gaming
Future proof for a few years anyway
Atmos capable if I want to go that route at some point (7.1.2?)
High quality Audyssey capability (I believe there are different levels?)
At least 5 HDMI inputs
HDCP 2.2 compliant
High quality DAC
4k @ 60Hz (do I care about this? I’ve read the TV should be doing this anyway)
Prefer to be able to update the firmware easily if that’s an option but not a huge deal to me
I do not care about 3D whatsoever if that matters
Don’t really care about wifi or Bluetooth streaming all that much

Not sure what else I should be concerned with but that’s why I’m here. I’m not married to Denon but I do like mine and have had no issues with it whatsoever but a lot changes in 5 years so I’m open to suggestions. Trying to keep the budget $650 or hopefully less. I’ve been seeing the Denon x2200W on sale at Fry’s a lot for $400ish and just haven’t bit the bullet yet. I’m reading thought that the x3200w has better video processing? Anyway, at this starting point in my research I like the x3200w. Any help/info/criticism appreciated. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks