What's new

New HT System (1 Viewer)

Cowhead

Auditioning
Real Name
Jarad
So I currently have a Yamaha Box System thats about 7 years old and heck it still sounds good but well needless to say its a little out of style and I want better sound so here it goes..

I do live in an apartment but am looking to buy a house in the next year but I want a new HT system now not then so I am looking at theese speakers and Reciever

Definitive Technology SuperCube III (not used untill i get a house im sure) Definitive Technology BP-8040ST (Front) Definitive Technology Mythos Nine (center) Definitive Technology Mythos Gem (Rears) Harman Kardon AVR 2600 or 3600
So now is this going to be a good sounding system thats going to last me ages or does anyone else have an Idea of what I should run for this price range. I dont know anyone that has Definitive Technology stuff and just kinda wanna be the first and the Specs look Great on all of their product so help me out here and let me know if im going to make a mistake by investing my money with this system....

I watch alot of Movies and Listen to alot of music that varries in style from Metal to Rap to Country, Jam Band, Blues

winniw

Second Unit
Real Name
Nick Reed
Hi Jarad, welcome to the forum.

That sounds like an exciting upgrade! I am wondering though, why you are not going with the full 8040 system? Perhaps the Gems work best in your setup?

The 8040 towers have built-in powered subs, so you may never need a separate one. Since the towers are bipolar, make sure that you don't crowd them against the back or side walls. I don't know how much space is recommended but it should be noted in the owner's manual.

Enjoy!

Nick

Cowhead

Auditioning
Real Name
Jarad
Well I was going to go with the Mythos Nine for the center chanel so i can put it on the fireplace mantle or wall mount it just below the tv and the reason for not getting the 8040 Surround is I just liked the looks of the GEMS. So do you think the HK Reciever will power all this reasonably or do i need something with more power?? I like the Looks of the HK's and all the features they have and was told they are an awesome SQ reciever so will this setup be good for Music and HT? Has anyone ever listend to the 8040's or is there something better in the price range im looking at?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks