What's new

New HSU VTF-3 H.O. Specs (1 Viewer)

Craig Chase

Gear Guru
Real Name
Craig
Two questions ...

1. If the VTF-3 H.O. Outguns (in SPL @ 20 Hz) the SVS PB12-ISD/2 ... will the Hsu fans still say SPL's do not matter ?

2. If the VTF-3 H.O. Outguns (in SPL @ 20 Hz) the SVS PB12-ISD/2 ... will the SVS fans still say "Bass is Bass" ?

Sorry ... I just could not resist... ;)

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
2. If the VTF-3 H.O. Outguns (in SPL @ 20 Hz) the SVS PB12-ISD/2 ... will the SVS fans still say "Bass is Bass" ?
__________________________________________________ _____

Well that depends Craig! Allot of us SVS users consider the PB12-ISD/2 a beginners unit:D We're kind of spoiled you know.:p)

Matt_Smi

Second Unit
Real Name
blank
Damn I might be upgrading my STF-2 sooner than I wanted too/thought, all depends on the tax refund though.

Craig Chase

Gear Guru
Real Name
Craig
Heh heh ....

Ok ... if TWO VTF-3 HO ($1798) outguns ONE PB12-Ultra/2 ($1999) ... will the SVS fans say "Bass is Bass" .... ?

Better ? ... :)

Chris Quinn

Screenwriter

My understanding is it will still be tuned to 25Hz but will be as clean as the Hsu tube subs to that 25Hz in addition to the higher output. I did not catch what the turbo charger does for it.

I believe the VTF-3 H.O. will be 500 watts and the VTF-2 goes to 350.

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
Heh heh ....

Ok ... if TWO VTF-3 HO ($1798) outguns ONE PB12-Ultra/2 ($1999) ... will the SVS fans say "Bass is Bass" .... ?

Better ? ...:)
__________________________________________________ __

Nope! I think in that instance the PB12-Plus/2 would be more in our favor, $$ per db. All we ask for is a edge Craig:)

On the serious side> Sounds like a great unit! I really mean that.:emoji_thumbsup:

Craig Chase

Gear Guru
Real Name
Craig
Chris, When you get Curtis on the Spy Shoe-Phone again ... Would you explain to him going to the show two days early and leaving the morning of the first day is NOT very efficient... ;)

Craig Chase

Gear Guru
Real Name
Craig
Stevenn ... You know I am enjoying razzing BOTH sides here ... I still own an SVS AND a Hsu subwoofer.

That way I get to be Switzerland ... at least until that far off day when my brother's company develops theirs....

Chris Quinn

Screenwriter
He went when he was sent by his company. He did want to stay another day.

He'll be posting later this evening to correct what I've screwed up.

Watch AV123 for all the pix of the new stuff from them that he took.

Craig Chase

Gear Guru
Real Name
Craig
Hmmmmm... Guess we cannot harass him TOO much for his company sending him early.

On the other hand ... it is Curtis ... So Why Not ? ... :)

CurtisSC

Screenwriter
I am back!!

Just some stuff....as I have to do some work here at home:

The VTF-3HO with the new patent pending technology, will be "equivalent to dual TN1220's". It is slightly larger than the current VTF-3MK2.

The VTF-2HO with the same technology will be "close or equal to a single TN1220." It is slightly taller and slightly thinner than the current VTF-2MK2.

I got to hear the VTF-3HO prototype......phenomenally clean!

I will post more info and pictures later tonight.

Chris Quinn

Screenwriter
I knew I didn't get it all right.

Pretty good stuff from a company that is "Relying on laurels of one man (no matter how smart or how decorated) when others have surpassed the bar..."

CurtisSC

Screenwriter
OK...taking a break from the house chores:

At the show, the prototypes did not have the new drivers or amps. The "turbochargers" had not arrived yet...they were do in today or tomorrow. So the VTF-3HO prototype I heard only had one of the two patent pending technologies, and was in 20hz tune.

A cr@pload of pictures are being uploaded right now.....in there I have a few pictures from the Hsu Research room.

I'm just telling what the Man told me.

paul clipsel

Stunt Coordinator
Did you listen to it vs the standard VTF-3MK2?
What where your impressions about any SQ differences between the models? I am not interested in more spl output as my MK2 has more than enough. Not that I can fault my MK2 but if there are noticeable improvements in SQ then I might be interested.

PC

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks