What's new

New HSU VTF-3 H.O. Specs (1 Viewer)

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member

Tuning to 13Hz will greatly increase excursion in the more important areas around 16-20Hz, certainly you'll lose quite a bit of headroom for a pedal that doesn't exist (?). 18Hz makes more sense when you actually think about it.
Also, that's a big "if". You shouldn't expect a "single 1220s output" (not sure what frequency you mean, but anywhere in its bandwidth) at 13Hz. The porting, excursion, and power requirements go up greatly as you go lower.

CurtisSC

Screenwriter
Jack....I don't have the dimensions or costs.

I think you saw the pictures I posted that compared the VTF-3HO with the VTF-3MK2. I think that gives a good idea of the size.

I still haven't seen the actual "turbocharger".....just descriptions.

paul clipsel

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Jack and Edward for that tuning point info. I will call Dr Hsu when he is back and ask his opinion as he is the only one to have spent time with it.

PC

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member
Craig

We do know this about the HSU Turbo:

No turbo-lag and no premium fuel required.

Also, you could make the argument that the mileage of the HO will be improved by the gas(es) moving through the turbo porting. The thing to remember is that subwoofer mileage is the inverse of other mileage. In this case going from 18 to 13 is an improvement.

There might also be some savings on house cooling with all that air moving through that turbo.

CurtisSC

Screenwriter
I own an older VTF-3.

At the show, I heard the prototype VTF-3HO which had the VTF-3MK2 driver and amp.

And if it makes a difference...I heard the black one. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks