What's new

New Guys first setup with questions! (1 Viewer)

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
If he does not want to meet at his house, it's because he doesn't want you to know where he lives. If he says no, I would pass on it.

Real Name
Tim
He emailed me back saying he had another person interested and he doesn't want to meet at his house. Said he would tell the other guy its sold, if I gave him 300. I'm just gonna let this go and look for something else. It sounds like a scam just to try and get more money and I don't like that.

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
"He emailed me back saying he had another person interested and he doesn't want to meet at his house. Said he would tell the other guy its sold, if I gave him 300".
First off, never set up a meeting via email no matter where it is. Always talk to the person on the phone first. You can get a good idea about a person even on the phone. You can also Google the number to find out things. You can also use a phone number lookup company like Intelius.com or WhitePages.com to do a quick phone number search (often times at little or no cost). I also use NetDetective.com to do a search on people before meeting them. $30 for 3 years of advanced search. You can't be too carefull. Really, you can't. So far I haven't had any problems but I have cancelled purchases/sales if it just didn't feel right.
And that didn't feel right. Somethings definently wrong there. Either a broken subwoofer, a person too new to the whole CL thing, or something much worse. I'm glad you took Sam and Jim's advice.

Type A

HW Reviewer
Real Name
Ty
Sorry i didnt get back to you tim. $300 was a great deal as they dont depreciate in value. Understand why you passed though.

Real Name
Tim
Type A said:
Sorry i didnt get back to you tim. $300 was a great deal as they dont depreciate in value. Understand why you passed though.
Yeah it was just getting pretty sketchy, when I first asked for pictures I asked him to send them to my phone and if he could call me or text me with more details on it and he wouldn't call me, and he wouldn't even give me his name or what part of York, PA he lived in cause I asked him if he was close to Swedish Motors in Marietta, PA cause my Saabs blower motor shat on me last week so I was gonna see if I could look at it while I'm getting it fixed and he didn't even answer that when he emailed me back. So I'm just gonna keep on looking on craigslist, ebay, and on here for subwoofers. Basically I'm looking at getting something like the MK3, gently used. Been looking at brands such as HSU, SVS, Epik. I've been reading on here people really like those subs and there is quite the support for them on this forum. Is there any other brands that I should be looking at? As you guys know I work at best buy so I'm not to familier with brands other than Polk, Pioneer, Martin Logan, Klipsch, etc... they are good brands but I know I can get more for my money and usually way better performance from say a HSU. I've been finding at lot of VTF-1s for sale for reasonable price but I don't see that as much of a upgrade over what I have. I'm not one to talk up junk just cause I own it either, that little RCA has been doing one hell of a job for what it is. It can get to decent levels and still have a clean sound. It just can't hit low notes, and now the new speakers over power it compared to what I had it with before.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks