New AV Receiver Choices?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Jon Balmer, Dec 6, 2004.

1. Jon Balmer

Jon Balmer Auditioning

Hi all,
    I currently have the Marantz SR7000 and am looking to move to a receiver with componenet switching and better bass management. Can someone give me some suggestions of receivers that will have the newer conveniences but will also match or better the sound quality of the SR7000 for under $1000? Thanks in advance.

2. Keni

Keni Guest

Greetings Joe,

Have you checked out the Yamaha RX-V2500? I recently picked this one up and have been very happy with it, so far. There is a really thorough review over at the Audioholics web site. I'd post the link but I'm not at fifteen posts yet. Anyhow if you google RX-V2500, it should be the first or second link.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Keni

3. Chris_Liberti

Chris_Liberti Stunt Coordinator

Some of the new Marantz are up to par, particularly the AVR-7500. Also check out the Harman Kardon AVR-7200 which can be found used or refurbished for a good price or the soon to be released AVR-635. All of these should give a nice warm and musical sound

4. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    I think you may want to do a search on the 7000; it may not be so simple to match its sound. It's a fine receiver, but I can understand wanting to upgrade for newer formats, etc...

I currently own an SR8300 and I am very pleased with it, and it can be found used for below $1K.

5. DanJV

DanJV Extra

Another vote for the newer MArantz SR7500, or refurbed SR8400. Another good choice would be the Pioneer Elite 56 TXi.