What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Network Goes into Liquidation (1 Viewer)

ScottRE

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Well, there was one: Espionage (1963), which was a co-pro with Herbert Brodkin that ran here on NBC.
Doesn't Strange Report count as well in that case? It was a co-production with ARENA and Norman Felton specifically for the US market. It had all the visual hallmarks of The Man from UNCLE. Half of the season was supposed to be shot in the US but they couldn't agree to it and they stopped production.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
Doesn't Strange Report count as well in that case? It was a co-production with ARENA and Norman Felton specifically for the US market. It had all the visual hallmarks of The Man from UNCLE. Half of the season was supposed to be shot in the US but they couldn't agree to it and they stopped production.

D'oh! Yes it does. I should've remembered that. I hang my head in shame. Strange Report was a (relatively) early purchase of mine of R2 DVDs. I remember watching the show on NBC back in the day.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
As I think about, I suspect I was thinking of Strange Report as strictly a British show that was being aired on a US network, much like The Saint, Secret Agent, and The Champions (among others) rather than as a co-pro.

Espionage, I'd bought within the last year or two, for two reasons: one being that Michael Powell directed some episodes and the other being that it was a Herb Brodkin co-pro, so it was still in relatively recent memory as such. It's funny that I mentally link it with another Network-released "Complete Series", Luke's Kingdom, a UK/Australia series I bought at the same time because a couple of episodes were directed by Peter Weir.

Luke's_Kingdom.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sitcomguy
Recent bookmarks