What's new

Need your help with Star Trek Original series season 3 BLU -RAY (1 Viewer)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Scott. Another aspect of Whom Gods Destroy that's fun to watch is the re-use of old costumes from past episodes. Guess whose wearing what! think I'll do that as a trivia question!

I hate to admit, The Inheritors is one of the few I have not seen yet! I've read about it in the Outer Limits book. I've had the set so long now, it was one of those episodes I never saw as a kid. But I'll be sure to play it now! And I haven't picked up that season of Mission: Impossible yet with Steve Ihnat.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
I'm just about finished with season 3 on blu ray. I've really enjoyed watching the episodes on blu ray. The remastering on the live action as well as the new effects are amazing!!

Question. I'm a bit confused about the 2 versions of The Cage that are on the set. Does someone have an overview of the differences in the 2 versions? One is listed as extended...

I have not watched either version of The Cage on blu ray yet. I've seen it before and even had it on VHS when it was first released. I recall it was the black and white / color version where it switched back and forth. I also saw it on the original DVD release which was in full color??

Thanks!

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Tim, the main difference is the extended edition has an intro and outro by Gene Roddenberry explaining the existence of The Cage as the original rejected pilot. And it is the mixed color and black and white version. And as such, it does not have the enhanced CGI effects. I prefer the enhanced version!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks