What's new

Need speaker recomendations please (1 Viewer)

smokey

Auditioning
Real Name
Tony
First time poster. I was hoping you guys could help with a speaker decision. I have been researching on the web for many days now. And I think I've narrowed my speakers choices down to just a few. I was hoping I could get some feedback from you guys on these choices. I have a room that's 21'x13'x8' with some open doorways on 3 different walls. I have a Denon 1909 receiver ordered that should be here in a few days. I think I've narrowed my sub decision down to a few. I'll post them below, please let me know what you think of these.

Now for the remaining speakers, I really have no idea where to go on these. There seem to be options out there than I ever thought possible. I will name a few of these below as well. Just so you know, I have never heard of any of these speaker companies until the last several days. But these seem to be the most talked about speakers in my price line that I have found so far. Please give your thoughts on these or fell free to recommend something else if you feel they would work better. They will be used 95% movies/TV and 5% music/games. So I really want something with clarity for movies. I don't have room for floor speakers, so book shelf is a must.

Subs -
1- HSU VTF-2 MK 3 Subwoofer
2- Elemental Designs
3- SVSound - Box Subwoofers
I guess I'm really leaning towards the ED because of the price.

speakers
1- Bookshelf Speakers: Millennia M3 v2 - Axiom Audio
I would also consider upgrading to the M22 V2, but they look like they may be a little too big.
2- C-200 Bookshelf Speaker - Overview
3- HTM-200 SE Home Theater Monitor
although on the Ascendacoustics, I could upgrade to the CBM-170 SE if recommended.
4- SVSound - Speakers

As for the center and rears (5.1 only), I guess I would go with the match to whatever fronts I chose. I know that's a lot to take in. So what do you guys think would be best.

Ed Moxley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ed
I'm an SVS fan. That's how I'd go on both the sub and speakers.
Here's the speakers I like: SVSound - MTS Family of Speakers
Maybe one day.........
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

smokey

Auditioning
Real Name
Tony
That would be nice, but that's definitly out of my price range.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks