What's new
World Wide Stereo

Need some help Please, Optoma HD80 (1 Viewer)

Bull

Grip
Real Name
Dan Bullard
I have finally finished my theater and was trying to hook up the projector, I thought with all the research here and studing I could do this,...........Wrong................, now I need your help

Projector-Optoma HD80 1080p
Digital Cable Box- Scientific Atlanta HD8300
Onkyo Surround- HT SR-800
PlayStation 3

OK I hooked the incoming cable to in on cable box
ran a HDMI cable from the HDMI port to HDMI-1 in on reciever
Same thing with PlayStation3 HDMI to HDMI-2 to reciever
Ran a HDMI 20 footer from HDMI out on the reciever to the PJ

Tried all the inputs on the PJ and they say no signal, I setup the reciever as directed in the manual, Is this Onkyo system not compatiable, Sure hope not, I will try to hook it direct without the reciever and see if that works. Be back shortly...........Dan

Doug_H

Supporting Actor
Dan, it may be the length of the HDMI run from the receiver to the projector. A signal booster of some kind might help.

First thing I would try is hooking one of the components directly to the 20' HDMI and see if you get a picture. If so you know the issue is either a problem with the receiver (signal strength or settings) and can troubleshoot there.

If you don't get a picture try hooking a component up directly to the PJ with a short cable so you can rule out PJ problems.

Bull

Grip
Real Name
Dan Bullard
Thanks for the reply Doug, I did that and it worked fine, I then realized I needed to identify the inputs and now all works fine, The funny thing is I need to run a fiber optic cable for the sound because my reciever is a 1080p pass thru system and the audio goes straight thru, I think I got it, so have a great weekend and Thanks again......................................Dan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SuperMarty88
Recent bookmarks