What's new

Need help buying receiver (1 Viewer)

iHell Razor

Auditioning
Real Name
Arne Vanquaethem
Hi there,

I'm looking for a dolby atmos setup. I'm planning to go for a 7.1.4 setup + a turntable. I need a seperate PREAMP for the turntable. So a phew options arrise:
- AV receiver with non preamplifeid phono input and buy a seperate phono amp for the turntable wich connects to phono input in receiver (not many receivers have a non-preampified phono input for MM cartridge turntable --> mine is MM)

- AV receiver with preamplifeid phono input and connect turntable directly in phono input in receiver (saves some money)
---------> only problem is that a seperate preamp is prolly better than the receiver's one

- AV receiver with preamplified phono input where I buy seperate phono preamp for the turntable and connect it throught the normal line in for the receiver since 2 times pre amp is not good in this case
---------> I AM NOT SURE IF A 11CH RECEIVER WILL BE ENOUGH SINCE I USE NORMAL LINE FOR TURNTABLE IN THIS CASE?

In wich cases of the above will a 11ch receiver suffice and in wich cases do I need a higher channel receiver?
And I don't know if the subwoofer will play when I set the receiver on phono since it has only phono left/right input?

Example receivers: ---> all have pre amp phono inputs to my knowledge

- PERSONAL Choice --> TX NR3030 (has 11 amped channels no need for extra stereo amp)
- Marantz SR7011
- Marantz SR7010
- Denon AVR-X6300H
- Denon AVR-X7200W

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Phil A

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Phil
If the receiver has a built in phono preamp you are good to go for playback. Yes you can spend more on a dedicated phono preamp. It depends on your priorities and the amount of software you have for playback. If you have many hundreds or thousands of LPs, then it may be something to consider down the road if that is important to you.

iHell Razor

Auditioning
Real Name
Arne Vanquaethem
Kinda figured it out. Finnaly got the answers I was looking for. Thanks for your help!

Regards

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annefnlys01
Recent bookmarks