What's new

Need Car Stereo Advice (1 Viewer)

Adam Sanchez

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Adam
Hey guys.

Once again I am here on the HTF looking for advice, though this is the first time I have ever been in this section.

Basically I need some advice on a Head Unit for my Car.

Right now I have a pretty standard Sony CD-MP3 player that I got for one reason: A Front Aux plug for my iPod. From frequent use and plug/unplugging my iPod in order to put the Face Plate away, I have worn out the plug and now only get audio from one side. So I am looking for a new HU.

I mainly want a HU with the Aux in the BACK this time. Other than that, I'm looking to keep it pretty basic, don't care about Sat Radio Ready or anything. Would like a known brand, and am trying to stay around $100 to $130. I did find a Panasonic at Crutchfield that seems to fit the bill, but just want to see what else might be out there.

Thanks!

Real Name
Dustin
Pioneer
Alpine
Eclipse
Nakamichi
JVC
Panasonic

are all names to keep an eye on. find one with the features you like and then i guess it would come down to aesthetics mostly if you find more than 1 that works for you.
Crutchfield.com is a great place... HU prices are just about the same everywhere, and they include all install accessories with their head units.

karl_burns

Stunt Coordinator
Of those names, the Pioneer will have the most features if that's your decision point. If you're going to build-up into a large system in your car, then get an Eclipse deck (no contest).
My $0.02: My old Sony deck never wore out for 5 years.....
Karl

Adam Sanchez

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Adam
Ended up going with http://www.crutchfield.com/S-Au7AMCP...300&I=133C3304 and am happy.

I just basically wanted a Car Stereo with a REAR Aux this time so I wont wear it out like I did my current one, which I barely had a year. This is actually the THIRD Radio I have bought. One is still good, I just bought my current one after I got an iPod and wanted an Aux Jack. And now I am replacing that since the jack wore out. Hopefully this will last me awhile.

I thank you for the input.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
totoattack
Recent bookmarks