What's new

NBA PLayoffs 2003 (1 Viewer)

Patrick Larkin

Screenwriter
Another Iverson 29-point game and a 2-0 lead on the Hornets.

And whats that I spy - enthusiasm and hustle from Derrick Coleman??? :)

Henry Carmona

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry Carmona
LOL Justin,
All you want to do is get the last word. If you had enough, you wouldnt keep bringing it up.

Ive already compared the first 7 years, most of Robinsons accomplishments have been in the first 7 years.

Iverson has much to be desired in terms of "accomplishments".

You know, i take it back, he IS an entertaining player, and thats all he is. I dont see him in the Hall Of Fame yet.

As per your "knowledge" comment. Take it up with any NBA website, i dont pull my stats out of the air you know.
You seem to forget that Kareem has also accomplished that feat, so go ahead and throw Wilt into the mix, it doesnt take away from Davids accomplishments.

Hell yes im comparing a guard to a center when Iverson is said to be a "measure of greatness", i didnt see a "among guards" footnote.

The Iverson groupies are always looking to find something they can exclude other players with.
Anyone who isnt a rebel is labeled "soft"
Anyone who doesnt come from the inner city and had it less fortunate isnt a "real" player
Anyone who doesnt mouth off and shows arrogance, is less of a player than Iverson.

You can have all the arrogance, no class, foul mouthed players you want. Iverson alreay had his chance these past 7 yrs, its too late.

If he is to be a "measure of greatness", its to be from here on out cuz he sure aint done nothing to brag about in the past.

I love this discussion :)

Justin Lane

Senior HTF Member
If he is to be a "measure of greatness", its to be from here on out cuz he sure aint done nothing to brag about in the past.
Henry,

These above statements show exactly where you are coming from and what your agenda is. Thanks for the good laugh tonight. :laugh:

J

Justin Lane

Senior HTF Member
New Orleans may be all but done if Mashburn sits out the next game (or series?). I was impressed with the effort from the Sixers starters. All five scored in double figures tonight and as Patrick noted, DC was hustling out there. He was making some shots (even dunked the ball), had a nice block, and was going after every rebound. He is playing like this may be his last shot at professional redemption. In the East playoff race right now DC is argubally the best center out there outside of Ben Wallace (who plays PF for the most part).

J

Henry Carmona

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry Carmona
You got that right, laugh is all i can do when someone says Iverson is a measure of greatness, lololol Woohooo!

Agenda, ou can call my opinion whatever you like, it dont bother me none :)

Facts speak for themselves.

JamieD

Supporting Actor
Henry, I think you're the long lost cousin of a fellow named Darryl on the local nf.general newsgroup. He tends to continue in the same kind of arguements, and almost always ends with "I love this game".

David vs AI? Not a valid comparison in any way shape or form.

David WAS great at what he was supposed to do. Just as AI is good, and sometimes phenominal, at what he is supposed to do. I've watched several playoffs games. A big part of AI's value, is that even though he may not shoot a higher percentage than the rest of his team, he'll get open for (or create his own) shots far more often than the other players on his team can.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Speaking of one-man teams, Orlando appears to be strickly the "Tracy McGrady Show". He scored 46 points, but the rest of his teammates combined for only another 31. The Pistons played much better in Game 2, looking more like the team that finished with the best record in the East.

Brandon_T

Screenwriter
I tell you what, as good of a play as T-Mac is, I don't think he can keep this pace up for 7 games. Detroit showed that you can let him get his points and still win the games.

It is kind of scarey the fact that a 12 point lead with two minutes to play still made me wiggle in my chair a bit. I still think the Pistons will win in 6. How about Teyshaun Prince coming in and blocking McGrady right away. I bet he will see a lot more time in the near future.

Brandon

Neil M

Stunt Coordinator
I was very impressed with how Tayshaun Prince played against McGrady. He also played well against Kobe earlier in the season. I think Tayshaun will be a great player a few years down the road. As for the Pistons, they are the best team in the east. They won every eastern conference series except for the Bucks which gives them some trouble everytime we play them for some reason. The Pistons play pretty consistent ball. They have such a deep bench that it's really hard for any team to know who's going to break the game open. I really can't say that about any other Eastern conference team.

As for the West, I think Sacramento will go to the finals but I can never count out the Lakers or San Antonio. However, I feel San Antonio is going to get an early exit. They had the momentum going in but I think they may have lost some steam. They may win the first round but I can see them losing the second round.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Tayshaun Prince definitely earned some more minutes in this series with his play last night. Unless Detroit makes some other offseason moves, he will probably take over the starting spot at small forward from Michael Curry next season.

I still think the Pistons will win in 6.
I hope you are right. However, with their lack of offense, they are also a threat to get knocked out of any series if Billups and Hamilton are cold. Neither Wallace nor Curry from the starting lineup can be counted on to score many points. Their deep bench and great defense are the team's big advantage over everyone else in the East.

Patrick Larkin

Screenwriter
he Iverson groupies are always looking to find something they can exclude other players with.
Anyone who isnt a rebel is labeled "soft"
Anyone who doesnt come from the inner city and had it less fortunate isnt a "real" player
Anyone who doesnt mouth off and shows arrogance, is less of a player than Iverson.
Funny, most everyone I know appreciates Iverson and I never heard any of these comments. And you wonder where people get the prejudice vibe from. :rolleyes

Henry Carmona

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry Carmona
Ill say again, if someone is to refer to Iverson as a measure of greatness, i want to...see some greatness, not some awesome move in a game, not 50 points in one season.

Dig what im saying. Why is it so hard for you Iverson lovers to to see that in 7 years hes only been mediocre?

Im not saying the man sucks, but he aint no measure of greatness.

Justin Lane

Senior HTF Member
Ill say again, if someone is to refer to Iverson as a measure of greatness, i want to...see some greatness, not some awesome move in a game, not 50 points in one season.

Dig what im saying. Why is it so hard for you Iverson lovers to to see that in 7 years hes only been mediocre?

Im not saying the man sucks, but he aint no measure of greatness.
Give it a rest already will you Henry. Your point (or lack thereof) has been noted. This is a thread about the NBA playoffs, not your feelings on Iverson. Sheesh.

Back to the topic at hand. The Nets and Bucks game tonight will be very interesting. IF NJ loses, I think they may be in big trouble for the rest of the series.

J

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
Justin, I like the Nets to win tonight, they should be able to match Mil. intensity and should be able to prevail. Games 1 and 2 both teams didn't have the right intensity, the Nets IMO aren't good enough to blow a team out and still be able to bring that intensity for the next game, that's why they lost imo. Now both teams know what to expect from each other and the Nets just seem more talented across the roster.

Looks like Boston is going to win game 3, that's a series I have no idea who will win. I can see the Pacers storming back and taking the series just as easily as I can see the Celtics closing them out in 6.

Last comment on the AI tangent. Henry, you have no idea what you are talking about, literally, you have no idea what you are talking about. If in a players first 7 seasons, that player has a ROY, League MVP, several all-star games and All-Star game MVP, several scoring Titles, has led the league in steals, led his team to a Finals appearance, gets to the FT as much as anyone, plays hurt, and is 6' 160 pounds, and you think that is mediocre than.....

Chris Farmer

Screenwriter
All three games tonight are big ones, although no one has more at stake then Minny. All three series are tied at 1-1, and have gone to the lower seed's house. I think Indy will beat Boston, they're a stronger team overall, Boston lives and dies by the trey,. and as the Spurs have shown recently, sometimes the trey is there, sometimes it's not. If it's not, Boston is screwed

NJ and Milwaukee is a good series between two well matched teams. NJ needs to take on of the next two to regain the homecourt, but if they take just one they're ok.

Minny on the other hand, desperately needs a split, an dhtey need to take the first one. LA will be out for revenge after their humiliation a couple night ago, so the T-wolves need to come out strong and see if they can weather the storm. If they split, it's LA that's, well, not in trouble, but at least under pressure. last thing they want is to face a confident Spurs team when they're tired from a long 6 or even worse, 7 game series.

Brett Hancock

Supporting Actor
Wow. That's all I have to say. Kobe should never have been at the line, Wally and Rasto did not even come close to fouling, the games not even over but it should have been. Go ahead Lakers fans flame on.

EDIT: Wow, how was that a foul on KG.

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
I swear I hate that announcer on TNT. He is the biggest damn Know-it-all and I hate listening to him.

"This is ridiculous"
"why aren't they doing this?"
"That's wrong!"
"I didn't see a foul"
"blah blah blah I'm a total idiot, can't you tell!"

Please TNT get rid of this guy.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks