F69oimoXMAEvGm9

F69oimoXAAEvNda

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Think they knew the union negotiations would suddenly(?) be moving along fast enough for this release date when they recently decided not to bump it?

_Man_

YANG

Screenwriter
the theatrical version had been submitted to the authority for film classification in Singapore.
cleancut aka uncut version running time is 158mins inclusive of credits.

SD_Brian

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
One thing I noted in the trailer is a scene that depicts Napoleon ordering his troops to blast the nose (I almost said "Blow the nose," but then thought better of it) off the Sphinx . That is historically inaccurate as the Sphinx was mutilated centuries earlier by religious zealots: Napoleon had nothing to do with it.

Hopefully the movie is just including that story as a way of illustrating the mythology surrounding Napoleon, and not the old, "When the legend becomes fact, print the legend" thing.

David_B_K

Advanced Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
One thing I noted in the trailer is a scene that depicts Napoleon ordering his troops to blast the nose (I almost said "Blow the nose," but then thought better of it) off the Sphinx . That is historically inaccurate as the Sphinx was mutilated centuries earlier by religious zealots: Napoleon had nothing to do with it.

Hopefully the movie is just including that story as a way of illustrating the mythology surrounding Napoleon, and not the old, "When the legend becomes fact, print the legend" thing.

I have been explaining that inaccuracy to people for years. :rolleyes: I saw there was a shot of Bonaparte on a horse before the sphinx. That is based on a fairly famous painting and I thought they were just trying to recreate that image. If they depict the myth of the French soldiers using the sphinx for target practice, then this movie is looking like it will be a frustrating experience.

The clip that shows the destruction of the retreating Russians in the frozen ponds at Austerlitz seems to show Napoleon giving commands that are immediately carried out. Who is he giving commands to? The people carrying out the operations would be far from Napoleon and would receive orders via couriers on horseback. Also, I Have never read of the frozen pond disaster as a planned trap. The Russians simply panicked and ran headlong into the frozen ponds.

We'll soon see if this turns out to be a cool movie or not.

SD_Brian

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
I have been explaining that inaccuracy to people for years.
When I visited Egypt 6 years ago, our "Egyptologist" tour guide in Cairo presented the Napoleon-Shot-the-Nose-off-the-Sphinx legend as fact. I found myself fact-checking several of our guide's claims after I got home, and found that more often than not, he was "printing the legend."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks