What's new

Name a show (that lasted less than one season) you wished was not cancelled?... (1 Viewer)

Matt Fig

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Matt Fig
Do not know if this show was mentioned, Danger Theater with Adam West and Diedrich Bader. Also a friend of mine has or had a copy of some sitcom named Lookwell starring Adam West and the only show I saw was hilarious. Does anybody know if there are more out there? I also wish The Tick would get picked up or released on DVD soon.
Thanks,
Matt

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
I'm gonna be the only one here who says this, but I think that The Rerun Show could have developed over time. As it was, it tended to be wildly uneven from segment to segment, but the parts that were funny were REALLY funny. The guy who played Mrs. Garrett on the DIFF'RENT STROKES and FACTS OF LIFE segments was frickin' brilliant.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Also a friend of mine has or had a copy of some sitcom named Lookwell starring Adam West and the only show I saw was hilarious. Does anybody know if there are more out there?
There aren't; all that was produced was the pilot.

Absolutely hilarious, though - I saw it as part of "The Other Network" (a compilation of failed pilots) a week ago and nearly died laughing. Also in that show was "Sick In The Head", a Judd Apatow sitcom pilot that I think was more laugh-out-loud funny than either Freaks & Geeks or Undeclared.

In fact, I'm going to see the second "The Other Network" show tonight or tomorrow - looking forward to Apatow's North Hollywood (featuring Judge Reinhold as "Struggling Actor Judge Reinhold") and Heat Vision And Jack (which may be the most bizarre pilot concept ever - and wouldn't Fox kill to have a show from Jack Black, Owen Wilson, and Ben Stiller today?).

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
I just watched the movie "The Good Girl" this weekend and I kept wondering where I remembered Jennifer Aniston playing a sort of "white trash/hick" character before...

Remember the VERY short lived tv series "Muddling Through"? Where Jennifer played the daughter of an ex con (who shot her husband in the butt).

I remember liking the show and then Jennifer quickly started doing "Friends" and that was the end of "Muddling Through". I guess I can't complain too much considering the success of "Friends"

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
I also wish The Tick would get picked up or released on DVD soon.
The Tick is coming.
There was a survey by NBC (I think) a couple of months ago to see what shows people want on DVD, with a commitment to release the top five. The Tick was one of the successful ones, and so is being prepared as we speak.

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
Robbery Homicide Division-with tom sizemore. never saw an episode cause it was on opposite something else i was watching at the time.(boomtown?)
This was a great show! I think it was opposite "Law & Order: SVU". (That's why I have 3 VCRs -- tape everything, anyway to skip commercials. )

Adam Tyner

Screenwriter
I thought Tick was a fox property?
Nope. Just because Fox aired it doesn't mean Fox holds the home video rights. That's why, for instance, Fox released the DVD box sets of Buffy and Angel rather than Warner Brothers (The WB) or Paramount (or some other arm of Viacom; UPN). Columbia/Tri-Star holds the video rights for The Tick, and it was featured in their "TV on DVD" poll.

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
Oh, OK, so it was Columbia/Tri-Star that ran the poll. I couldn't actually remember, I just had a feeling I heard that it was NBC.

In any case, the important thing is, The Tick s coming to DVD. Yay!

Matt Fig

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Matt Fig
I am glad to hear that The Tick is coming to DVD, wish it was both the live-action and animated.

Also, Jason Seaver what is this "The Other Network"? Is it some sort of cable channel. Sounds like something I could get into.

Thanks for all the info.
Matt

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
"The Other Network" is a touring show presented by Un-Cabaret (website: http://www.uncabaret.com/other.html) that presents comedy pilots that weren't picked up with introductions from their creators (when it started in an L.A. nightclub, they were live; now they're on tape). There are at least three two-hour "packages", although only two made it to Boston. It plays at colleges, theaters, and nightclubs.

Supposedly, the people involved are talking with cable channels about running them (Trio would be my guess), but for right now, they have to be hunted down.

Jana_P

Auditioning
  • Now And Again
  • Cupid
  • Odyssey 5 (I just discovered it is cancelled by reading this thread... :-( )
  • The Tick
  • Birds Of Prey
  • Glory Days
  • American Embassy (this was surprisingly enjoyable!)
I know I'm forgetting some...

Shawn C

Screenwriter
The Dana Carvey Show

Extremely funny. The skit he did as an extremely angry Casey Kasem was hilarious. I also liked the guy they had impersonating Bob Dole.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks