What's new

N802's and Parasound (1 Viewer)

Joe Barefoot

Stunt Coordinator
I plan to listen to some B&W 802's in the near future. My current system uses 2 Parasound 1205's, with my main and center Klipschs passively bi-amped. Any thoughts on how these amps would mate with the B&W's? Would passively bi-amping them provide enough power to open up these speakers? I love my Parasounds, but are they of sufficient quality to do the B&W's justice?

Larry B

Screenwriter
Joe:

I love my Parasounds
What is it you "love" about this amp? The tonal quality? The dynamics? The soundstage? The lack of grain? Or just that it is has more power than whatever it is you had previously? These are the factors that will help one make an educated guess as to whether it wil mate well with 802s. Having said this, I would still strongly advise you to listen to them together.

Larry

Joe Barefoot

Stunt Coordinator
Yes to all of the above. Listening together will be difficult to impossible for me. I live on a small island that doesn't have a Parasound or a B&W dealer. That is, unless I get lucky and can find a dealer that has both when I visit the States. I was hoping someone has or has heard the combo. My gut instinct tells me that they will work very nicely together. But for the investment that I may make in the 802's, I'd like to be a little more sure. Thanks for the reply.

Larry B

Screenwriter
Sorry for not having noticed your location -- that does make life a bit more complicated, doesn;t it? :)
Is this system going to be used mostly/exclusively for HT? If so, I imagine you'll be pleased. However, the Parasounds are OK for music, though not the best.
Good luck.
Larry

Joe Barefoot

Stunt Coordinator
Yea...life's a bitch down here ;) . Yes, probably 70/30 HT to music. But the music proportion is going up all the time since my system has been slowly upgraded. Actually, the Klipsch Reference speakers that I have now are very good for HT. The reason I'm thinking about upgrading them is because I have started to enjoy my CD collection even more with my current system. To be honest, I haven't heard a stereo as nice as mine is now, but I haven't auditioned ANY very nice systems. I've gotten a taste of things like sound stage, imaging, depth, and air, and I'm just hungry for more. I'm looking to push the music envelope from what I already consider a great system, to a fantastic system. Plus, I think the 802's look really cool :b .

Larry B

Screenwriter
Joe:

Plus, I think the 802's look really cool
Well, we can't agree on everything - - I think they're ugly as sin. (And for it's worth, I am not a big fan of the B&W sound.)

Good luck, and keep listening to the music.

Larry

Joe Barefoot

Stunt Coordinator
"Well, we can't agree on everything - - I think they're ugly as sin. (And for it's worth, I am not a big fan of the B&W sound."
Then I definitely need to take a careful listen before any purchase, so that statement is worth a lot to me. I probably have to rely alot more on this kind of info than some others, as my auditioning time is very limited. But, but...YOU'RE WRONG about the looks! :D

Larry B

Screenwriter
Joe:
Well, if a big, unsightly cabinet with a bowling ball on top is your idea of good-looking, so be it. :)
If you want to see a truly elegant speaker, look here.
Regards,
Larry

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks