What's new

My Pre/Pro crapped out (1 Viewer)

My Integra 9.8 has finally bitten the dust. Any thoughts on a replacement in the $1,000 range? I'm sure there's a thread here addressing the issue but I didn't find it.

I have a Sunfire Cinema Grand amp, Paradigm Reference speakers and an M&K V-125 sub, Sharp Aquos 60". All are old (except the TV) but work well.

Any and all comments appreciated.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
$1K will be tough to find new in a Pre/Pro. The Outlaw 976 or Emotiva MC-700 are the only ones I know of. A refurb Marantz AV7705 will run you $1.5K. Everything else I'm aware of will be over $2K.

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
I was just going to suggest the Emotiva MC-700 as long as you don't need to upgrade from 7.1.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
My hesitation is that Emotiva processors have a history of being glitchy. I don't know if that's in the past, though.

David H. Gagne

Auditioning
Real Name
David H Gagne
I have been working with a Denon DN-700AVP however I have mine cabled with XLR cables. Not sure if that fits your configuration. I have no complaints except not able to pass 4K video. https://www.denonpro.com/index.php/products/view3/dn-700avp
[DZ13]DN-700AVP_Rear_Web_RGB.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks