What's new
World Wide Stereo

My Place (1 Viewer)

BinLR

Auditioning
Real Name
Brian
Last year my wife & I built a home and chose to combine the home theater and game room. The room is 28x18 and attached is a layout (door on lower left moved during framing).

Along the left wall are cabinets with a granite countertop with sink and small refrigerator below. We store our DVDs, etc. in these cabinets. From there (middle left of room) is my pool table. I have plenty of space where my cue (stick) will not hit any walls. On the right wall are two windows (3050) and between them is my 65" TV. It's Toshiba, not high end, but looks good in HD and works for now. My plan is to put a 60-70" plasma on the wall in the future.

I had seven Bowers & Wilkins (B&W) speakers professionally installed; three in the "TV wall" and four in the ceiling. The four ceiling speakers are separated with two in the middle of room and two on the left side between the pool table and cabinets. The speakers are powered by a Pioneer Elite VSX-74TXVi receiver and for added bonus, a Paradigm Seismic 12 (sub woofer). The sound is incredible. Luckily this room is over our garage!

BinLR

Auditioning
Real Name
Brian
I will post some photos when my account is eligible to do so. I am trying to figure out a way to conceal my components in the wall and wanted to get some ideas.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
First, welcome to best forum on the net Brian. :)...look foward to seeing your setup as it develops.

I always had my gear exposed too and never found a good way to conceal them. Hopefully other members with more experience in this will chime in.

Good luck! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BMan56
Recent bookmarks