What's new

My personal odyssey to get on the list for BestBuy Preferred Customer coupons. (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
No coupons for me (or my wife for that matter) yet for the upcoming weekend. But, maybe in Monday's mail.
An update. After my recent purchase of a washing machine at BB, I wrote a rather lengthy letter of appreciation about the store manager who took good care to make sure I left a satisfied customer. There was a number of problems with the transaction (not all BB's), but she went quite a ways to make sure it all worked out.
I mailed copies of the letter to: the manager, her store's upper administration, and to corporate HQ in Minnesota. I just received a personalized letter in return from a "Customr Care Representative" in MN thanking me for taking the time to write, blah blah blah.
I would think this would be another good reason for me to get on the "preferred customer list"....along with the purchase of the washing machine itself (which included getting a BB credit card) and for my attempts to directly ask customer service on-line to add me to the list.
We will see. As of today, however, it seems to be my wife (who never sets foot in the store) who gets the coupons. :rolleyes:
Hope she (I!) gets 'em for this weekend! :frowning:

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
As I mentioned in this week's Roundup thread, I (or rather, the missus) got this set of coupons in the mail today:

1) "10% off regularly priced Music & Movie titles, any combination. Limit 5 items"

2) "Buy Any Ink Cartridge $24.99 & up, get $5 off the second of equal or lesser value. Limit 2"

3) "10% off any single item (many restrictions apply)"

Also, I realized today that every time we get BB coupons, we also get (give or take a day) some coupons for Bed, Bath, & Beyond!

Anyone else experience this?

matt bee

Stunt Coordinator
Whoa! I've peeked in and out of this thread on occasion out of curiosity. I've never gotten the coupons and never expected to. Guess what I got in the mail today?

I feel so special.....

Lee Petty

Stunt Coordinator
hmm, ive had a bb cc for a while and just now got the coupons. as far as i know, this is the first preferred customer weekend since i bought my rptv there, so maybe you just have to spend some big cash on your cc to get on the list?

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I think a washing machine only gets you on the list for one round of coupons. :D :wink:

GregBoehme

Agent
Add a 5th set for the BB coupons with the 10% off movie/music, 10% off single item and I got one for 10% off any tv $299 and up.

Haven't gotten BB coupons for a long time and only thing i've done diffrently there recently is price match a couple of DVD's during which the clerk took down my info.

And yes got coupon from Bed, Bath and Beyond but think it was generic "Resident" instead of by name.

Greg

Kyle W

Grip
This thread reminded me that I haven't gotten any correspondence from BB since I moved back in August (I have a BB credit card). Since I'd like to use the coupons this weekend, I called BB and updated my address info, and the same time expressed my desire to get the coupons before this weekend. They emailed me a link where I could print the coupons out, so I'll be able to use them after all. Woohoo!
The rep said if I had any problems redeeming them, to just explain to the service manager my address change.
Way to go, BB!:emoji_thumbsup:

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
They emailed me a link where I could print the coupons out
Um, Kyle...
Could you please share the link? Be your best friend! ;)
Malcolm, I guess you were right! No coupons for me (or my wife) this time around. Talk about aggravating!. I do and do and do for this store.....and, what do I get?!?! Nothing but heartache! :angry:

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Careful Kyle, if Best Buy finds out you shared coupons with the Frezons, you may be placed on their "NO COUPONS FOR YOU" list. :D

Kyle W

Grip
Yeah Malcolm, I thought about that after I posted.

I'm sure there are plenty of BB employees that read these posts. My advise is to call the Best Buy 800# and plead your case. Just know that they do have the ability to provide them electronically.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Well, I was mostly joking. While I probably wouldn't post the link on this board, no one's going to know if you e-mail the info to a couple unfortunate HTF-ers. Your call, though.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Used my coupons this afternoon. If you're interested in the details of a VERY stupid cashier who doesn't understand how the 5-item limit works, read up on it here! :rolleyes

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Another e-mail to BestBuy Customer Service:

Dear Courtney:

Another BestBuy Preferred Customer Weekend has come and gone and I have not received any coupons.

I first wrote the company back in May of this year. At that time Craig Fornell told me that I would be placed in the database to receive the coupons but that it may take a few cycles before it takes effect. It has been many more than a few cycles now and I am still not receiving the coupons.

Since I began this request to receive the coupons, I have applied for (and received) a BestBuy credit card, used it to make a major purchase, and have purchased a number of other items.

I respectfully ask why it is so difficult for a good, repeat customer like myself to receive coupons to allow me a small percentage off the purchase of items from your store?

Thank you,

Mike Frezon

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
My rather eclectic coupon purchases:
Dog Soldiers
Herzog-Kinski Box
(only $44.99 w/coupon!)
Heavenly Creatures
French & Saunders: Gentlemen Prefer....

And $3 off True Romance
Plus I was at Best Buy in sales tax-free New Hampshire, so it was like getting another 6% discount on top of the coupons. :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks